Do you Travel with Your own gear or Not ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

must be nice in the philippines. i have a couple good freinds from ?menila?
comosta... i only know the 4 leter words and some others i cant say on here. lol
and i dont know how to spell them.lololololol

Sometimes it's tough, especially traveling all the way to PI, but it's worth it! Take all your gear, I am sorry I did not do it earlier, have fun.

Vtdiver2:
I bring everything but tanks and weights. Computer, reg and mask go in my carry on bag, everything else gets checked. I know my gear, am used to using it, and know how it's cared for and serviced. This is life safety gear, why leave it to chance by renting if you already own your own gear?
Chris

Ditto! But I am also more likely to use skycaps, bellpeople, valets, etc. Also, when I was diving in Kona, Kona Coast Divers let us rinse and store our gear in their shop, which was right at the dive boat. That was nice because I didn't have to move it around for a week.

yup i have an SS and an alum backplate.

however i still get tired packing them up. hence i just leave them at the resort. hehehehheehhe

I particularly take my own equipment when I go to the Philippines. The rental equipment at the places I dive seems to corrode very quickly. I suppose it's partly because of the humidity; also the dive shop said it was difficult to get replacement parts.

I take my reg, bc, mask, computer, fins, and wetsuit. Now I also take my dive light and a few soft weights if I haven't maxed out my weight allowance. Dive lights seem to give out over there really quickly. I haven't gone on a single night dive, using a rental light, that the light didn't quit.

No worries.... the DM just let me tag along next to him...... not exactly regulation, but hey! we weren't that far from shore. LOL

Have fun! I adore diving in the Philippines.

love2godeep:
Dive lights seem to give out over there really quickly. I haven't gone on a single night dive, using a rental light, that the light didn't quit.

No worries.... the DM just let me tag along next to him...... not exactly regulation, but hey! we weren't that far from shore. LOL

Have fun! I adore diving in the Philippines.

HAHAHAHA! the batteries here quickly drains indeed due to the high temp which drains the battery thru it's internal resistance and most probably because they have been imported from countries where they have been pulled off the shelves due to shelf life expiration.

Brought all my gear my first diving trip to the PI. Plenty of space since I check in two bags and I don't have a wife so all the luggage space is for meeeeee.

Back
Top Bottom