Do you Twitter? Facebook? Then PleaseRobMe.Com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good thing you're a moderator so you can go delete your post as evidence! :rofl3:

Feb 6th, first shuttle pics on pad added to Facebook and link posted on SB.

Feb 8th shuttle blasts off, Feb 8th, shuttle pics added.

I was sleep deprived. I forgot I posted those. :rofl3:

Mike was ALWAYS someone you needed to watch out for. He has MAD SKILZ
:w-t-f: So now we have to watch out for Mikey?!?!?!

:rofl3:

Something to think about for all those that constantly update their activities and travel plans on social networking sites.

'Please Rob Me' website scolds those who overshare online
Good point. I am in Thailand for the rest of the week, but when I get back to my apartment 3708 at 60 Wing Fung Street in Wanchai, HK, the first thing I'm going to do is close my Facebook account. I have some expensive watches that I'd hate to see get stolen!

posted via mobile device

Yet another reason I don't involve myself with these social networking sites. What ever happened to the good old fashioned, face-to-face, let's have a good time get togethers?

Ken
While I don't either it doesn't mean this forces people to say when they left home. You can get robbed while you are out on one of your face-to-face get togethers also.

It's about not being a target and having good practices. Whether it's people leaving their car registration in their glove box (hello people your address is printed on it) with their garage door opener right there clipped to the sun visor or if it's John Smith on 323 York St twittering that he is heading to the art museum, those are BOTH easy targets.

While I don't either it doesn't mean this forces people to say when they left home. You can get robbed while you are out on one of your face-to-face get togethers also.

It's about not being a target and having good practices. Whether it's people leaving their car registration in their glove box (hello people your address is printed on it) with their garage door opener right there clipped to the sun visor or if it's John Smith on 323 York St twittering that he is heading to the art museum, those are BOTH easy targets.

Yep. Part of the the problem is that as social networking becomes more a part of daily life, we give less thought to repercussions of being constantly "plugged in" like safety and security.

Yep, look like alot of people have to be connected to something. Go to Big Bend nat. park alone and enjoy the quite side of life.

Yep. Part of the the problem is that as social networking becomes more a part of daily life, we give less thought to repercussions of being constantly "plugged in" like safety and security.

It helps to become a 'security nazi' :blinking: . . . because we spend all our time analyzing how someone can use what's out there.

So, if the info is out there . . . you cannot call it back . . . you'd best prepare for if the worst will happen.

Gotta safe? If it's not in the floor, they'll pry it off the wall.

Got an alarm? Make sure your neighbors and your monitors know when you are gone. That will save precious time when the alarm goes off as your monitors will call the neighbors and/or cops straight off.

Info out there? You'd best have a <blank>-hole tight control on your credit and what you charge.

You cannot stop the pros; you want to make their work too time-consuming to choose you. They'll go hit your easy neighbor.

It helps to become a 'security nazi' :blinking: . . . because we spend all our time analyzing how someone can use what's out there.

kinda ironic... because our past "security nazi" censored the word nazi here... go figure. :popcorn:

It's a much friendlier board now days... I'm just saying...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom