Doc Deep plans 1200' Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keeping a dry suit from clamping down and paralyzing him would take quite a bit of gas. I suppose you could use argon, to help minimize heat loss. The volume changes at those depths are going to be pretty small the last few hundred feet, but ambient pressure is going to be something like 500 psi greater than the surface pressure. Just to keep breathing he is going to have to take a ton of gas bottles with him, and then a separate bottle of argon. He might survive this dive, but my guess is that one of these stunts will eventually kill or cripple him.

As for pushing ahead the field of science, I don't see him working with any major medical institute or the navy to learn any thing from this dive. And reguarding the size of his balls... I imagine they could get quite large by the time they reach the surface if bent at depth. I wonder if there is such a thing as a "testicular embolism"?

I thought the video was clear EVIDENCE of the presence of this malady?

As for pushing ahead the field of science, I don't see him working with any major medical institute or the navy to learn any thing from this dive. And reguarding the size of his balls... I imagine they could get quite large by the time they reach the surface if bent at depth. I wonder if there is such a thing as a "testicular embolism"?

yes, but I would think that his "balls" will shrink to nothing at those temperatures at depth in a wetsuit.

Way too many bubbles and way too jerky movements. Any deep record holders speak of concentrating on breathing rates to keep them slow and steady, and mind calming techniques. Although this is a promo video, I'm not sure the right frame of mind is exhibited.

Not really a fan of record dives.

I am more concerned with the size of his ego and seriously silly video than b@lls. 1200ft is a total different game to 800ft.

It's a pitty the doc does not contribute anything meaningful to the sport besides making it look cheesy.

Is this what is called "going balls deep" ? :D

Thats deep man!

I'm a little sad that the title is that Doc Deep plans a dive to 1200 feet, but all we have is a video talking about balls. How about some info on the plan? I'd love to see the plan with gasses and run times, site location, safety diver depths, team members, etc.

I promise I won/;t make rude comments on the plan if posted. I have no idea what deco model would be used on a dive to 1200 feet, or what gasses, or how long it can be expected that staged gasses will last, or how to overcome broken depth equipment, or any contingency planning. This is a massive undertaking. Or is it just a "I've been to 500, 1200 isn't that much more" kind of dive? :/

I have said it before. These guys will never share that kind of information.

I have said it before. These guys will never share that kind of information.

Do you think that they are actually planning something, or will they hot dog it?

He has a verified dive at 810'

I don't know much about how to plan a dive like that either but all of the people who have made dives deeper then 1000' have said the same thing, which is that the deeper you go, the more the actual deco requirements of the dive seem to drift from the theory.

Eyllatt uses a modified Haldane model for his dives and is a fervent opponent of RGBM for diving at these depths. I don't know about the others. Any way you look at it, there would appear to be a good reason that up until now these guys have pushed the boundary slowly. This sudden jump to 1200' kind of feels to me like the diving equivalent of "ready, shoot, aim".

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom