Doctors Certificate requirement in Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We recently booked for the Medes Islands; the operator we chose require a medical certificate. Luckily our Dr. just wrote us a note and didn't require us to all take an exam.

Interesting, not too surprising though. I guess regulations will continue to expand as long as there is money somewhere in there for someone...

Next we will hear about a jogging license.

Let me clarify my posistion.... A medical checkup can't hurt and could possibly alert you to conditions you have that may be contraindications to diving. I do not think that this is something the law should regulate though.

Thanks for the responses - my first post so thanks for the suggestion to move it to W Europe and thanks to Lynne for moving my post!
OK so I now know that PADI have a standard form I can use - I will seek that out, also that its best to get completed by a Dive Doctor - just need to search that out now as well!

Thanks, TechBlue. I will leave my equipment at home when I go to Spain.

Don't worry about getting to fancy on the form. We were told that all they need is a note, like you took to the teacher in elementary school. ;-) They are good for two years.

Thanks for the responses - my first post so thanks for the suggestion to move it to W Europe and thanks to Lynne for moving my post!
OK so I now know that PADI have a standard form I can use - I will seek that out, also that its best to get completed by a Dive Doctor - just need to search that out now as well!

I am not 100% sure but I do not believe that the PADI medical waiver is accepted over here, I will make a call on Monday and try and get you the real deal :)

Back
Top Bottom