does anyone have a aeris ai ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First time, it would not give proper air pressure until below 15 feet. Yep no more diving that day. It's most frequent problem was turning off and NEVER coming back on. New batteries and all. My LDS sent in itno Aeris repeatedly, they replaced it three times. Same problems. It sure cut short dive weekends for me.

I have an Atmos AI -- just got it used on ebay and have 3 dives on it so far. I like it a lot -- the quick disconnect and compass are very nice to have. I selected it because of the user-changable battery, good reviews, ok software, and the AI means I don't need a separate SPG. (If the computer blows the dive is over anyway.) My only complaint is that it seems very, very sensitive to alarming on ascent -- the manual says it will alarm only after 4 seconds > 30fps, but it seems much more sensitive than that to me. Or maybe I'm just being a bad diver. (Being a used computer, I can see that the guy who had it before me had the same problem . . . alarms on every dive, even though the profiles looks pretty benign.)

Ah yes, the alarm! Almost EVERY dive! I have yet to set the alarm off on my Vyper.

Guys please check out the AERIS Forum on the board to see what others have said about our computers. I am trying to round some more people up for that section to make it more complete. Your comments are more than welcome there. Please spread the word. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom