Does anyone know where i can dive to see ricordea's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have yet to see any ricordeas on any of the East coast Florida dives, although I have seen several zoo colonies and various other softies. Being a member of a few larger salt water aquarium forums, I read a few tidbits here and there on locations. I can't remember the exact locations but I want to say that there were some locations in south west Florida, and mostly in the middle Keys on the shallower reefs or rubble areas. A few members posted some photos of the general greens and oranges but none of the more exotic or spectacular looking varieties. Perhaps you are a member of them or can search there. If you are looking to collect please remember that you will need a salt water fishing license. Off the top of my head there is a 20 TOTAL species limit per day and 5 individual (softies) cumulative to the 20, and a 2 day bag limit for transportation purposes. Also if you are looking to collect make sure you are not in any State Park or Marine Preserve.

FWC Saltwater Fishing Regulations - Recreational Harvest of Marine Species

Sorry for the long reply if you are just looking to view them.

I checked my photo's. If that is what you are referring to...attached. They are taken at Jim's Secret Garden. I went there with Conch Republic Divers out of Tavernier Creek in June of this year.

I'd be happy to show them to you if you would like to fly me back there (its getting cold up North!)

Attachments

• IMG_2993_0199_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_2993_0199_edited-1.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 189
Yes those are what i want to see! I'm tired of looking at brown corals. Haven't seen anything cool in Florida yet.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom