Does Anyone Turn Their DS Inside Out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Dry Guy Long Ranger, which is similar to the Peet. There are extensions that they will sell for it (I added four extra to each side). So, I hang my entire suit on it without the suit laying on the floor. Also, it has a choice of heated or non-heated air flow into the suit (select with a button push).

I routinely wash out my drysuit, and it will dry it out in 1.5 hours from soaking wet on the inside. Works great.

A note of caution: too much heat inside the suit can be a problem for the suit glue. So, select a dryer that does not pump out excessive heat. The Dry Guy puts out heat that is no higher than body temperature.

The thing is - when I got home and hung the suit up on a hanger to dry, I discovered the next day that the neo socks and the inside of the legs were a lot more wet than when I got out of the water... I think the reason is that the socks/legs are relatively inac

I built a drysuit dryer. All it takes are a couple of pieces of 1 1/2 PVC, 2 Tees and a bathroom exhaust fan. My drysuit is always nice and dry and non-funky smelling.

If you let your suit stay damp for too long or too often, it will eventually grow some sort of funky mold that's really hard to get rid of.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom