Does anyone visit this resort in Manado?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This resort is in Likupang northern tip of Sulawesi. About maybe 1.5 - 2 hour car ride from Manado.

The last time I saw it in June/July 2003, it looked very run down and delapitated. The structure is impressive and big, but lacks maintenance. Not sure if there were any staff inside.

The pier was also in disrepair, but is a great place for macro.

I think I stayed there in 1999 or maybe 1998, cannot remember. The place was already begining to show signs of age and maintenance problems.

Because I will join a group diving tour to visit this resort, I am worried if I will get good services there. I would like to dive in Bangka!!

bearteacher.tw:
Because I will join a group diving tour to visit this resort, I am worried if I will get good services there. I would like to dive in Bangka!!
I thought the Paradise resort was no longer operational. Could be wrong.

Anyway, to dive bangka area, one of the newer resorts is http://www.ganggaisland.com/
Gangga is very well run, both resort and dive center. The resort managers are avid divers themselves.

Here is a trip report
http://www.finsonline.com/articles.php?issue=20&article=68

I dove Bunaken Island (the Dive Meca of Manado) in October 2003....it was gorgeous. If you're not afraid of roughing it a bit (no a/c, mosquitoe net, chick-chacks [small lizards] running about everywhere) I could recommend a place that is 100 percent focused to diving and has very good equipment. You will get a personal dive master that doesn't mind staying underwater for as long as your air will last. Diffenately, Diffenately, Diffenately do at least 1 night dive. The bio-luminesense is awesome!

It is impossible!!
My package tour really will be arranged to stay in this hotel and dive for four nights!
But the tour guide told us it changed its name to Aston Paradise.

bearteacher.tw:
It is impossible!!
My package tour really will be arranged to stay in this hotel and dive for four nights!
But the tour guide told us it changed its name to Aston Paradise.
When I stood on the pier and looked at the resort, it looked unoccupied. The blue roof of the resort appeared uneven and certain sections caved in.

The Dive Center on the pier was also empty.

The pier itself was not well maintained with loose walkways and structural supports. Did 3 day dives, and 2 night dives at the pier. It is fantastic for macro stuff. Kind of like Lembeh but in a small tight space.

So overall I assumed it was no longer operational.

Basically Paradise looked deserted and run down when I was there in June/July 2003, but I dived and stayed with Gangga an island opposite from Paradise.

The last time I stayed at Paradise was in 1998/1999. I had a really really good time diving. Food service and room service was slow, neither was the food very good. The pool was operational when we visited it, but not really clean. The gardens were very badly maintained.

Now that you mention it is under new management, perhaps things have changed.

You can contact Euro Divers and see if things are in order http://www.euro-divers.com/e0100.asp.

Was told by some locals to that area that the staff was sent to Aston in Jakarta for training.

The owner is still the same.

The resort is functional, and recently caters to Taiwanese.

Is it still in a state of disrepair? I guess that is all relative, and hope to hear from your trip briefing in regards to the resort condition and service level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom