• Makes me less tired than air.

Votes: 120 51.5%
  • Makes me more energetic than air.

Votes: 20 8.6%
  • Makes me feel worse than air.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not notice a difference when using nitrox or air. Slow ascents do seem to make me feel better.

There was an article in one of the scuba magazines recently, forget which one, and they stated there has not been a study to verify whether nitrox actually makes people feel better or not.

This poll is the closest I have seen.

Salaam

Chris

I think this whole survey is a big SCAM...

The nitrox industry has registered numerous usernames, so that they purposely skewed the survey to favor nitrox.

Is there a way that we can verify those voters to be real people?? Or they are just nitrox salespeople??

I think that Elvis is alive, and is sucking on Nitrox, too....

fisherdvm:
I think this whole survey is a big SCAM...

The nitrox industry has registered numerous usernames, so that they purposely skewed the survey to favor nitrox.

Is there a way that we can verify those voters to be real people?? Or they are just nitrox salespeople??

Who knows? It might be many LDS owners....:D One of my LDS charges $18 per 130 CF tank.

Just put 21% Nitrox mark on an air tank, you feel good.:rofl3:

howarde:
I agree... and I am pretty sure I said almost the same exact thing a few pages back :)

@ Charlie - why are you so against nitrox? Are you a representative for the air diver's board or something?

Sorry howarde! I just skimmed...:D

hoosier:
Well........I use my computer in Nitrox mode set to 21%......

So?

(actually there is another reason for that but I couldn't resist)

hoosier:
Who knows? It might be many LDS owners....:D One of my LDS charges $18 per 130 CF tank.

Well, until they start getting customers bent from exceeding NDL's.

Diver Dennis:
Sorry howarde! I just skimmed...:D
I ALWAYS read every thread completely before I post too :rofl3:

As a result of this thread I refuse to use nitrox when diving in Maui later this month. Actually, Ed Robinson's doesn't offer it. I guess I'll just have to suffer and feel all tired and barely have a good time, dang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom