Does this group do any trips to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha,

If we're talking next year, sometime around the Easter week is best for me. If we're talking this year, I can't go to near Thanksgiving due to fact I have another family trip planned for that time. This year May thru August would work best.

Chris Hipp,

Thanks, yes I was looking at some of the dive trips being planned by the local dive shops and the CrazyScuba May trip was the most interesting.

Hmm... it would be a blast, for sure. I will say that just about anytime you're planning a trip to Cozumel, you can count on SBoarder's being there! There have been many groups who have made plans to meet prior to coinciding vacation dates, and have hooked up in Coz. That's how I met ScubaBum, ScubaTexasTony, Parrotheadiver and several other SB'rs for the first time- some of us dived together, and some just dined/visited together, but it has all been great.

You are correct in that finding a date that is good for everyone would be an impossible task. It's my thought that whoever is up to doing all the planning/etc. should be the one who ultimately chooses the date, and those who can go, will. Summers are our best travel dates, as it's hard to justify taking a vacation week during the school year, after having had all summer off work. lol. But, can't plan anything long term this year, as we are selling/building new home this spring/summer and will only be able to take a last-min trip, if any at all. Go for it, though- it will be lots of fun and you'll make lifetime friends.

Hey Foo.....that was a good time...hope we can do it again.....:D what did or are you doing for spring break??.....you usually come down to our neck of the woods every year

On second thought, Aug could work if it's the beginning of August...

be careful of storms as in the H. word.........good luck........

Would like to go sometime, but don't have a dive buddy. Would like to know if the Texas Swamp Divers ever do a group trip?

Hi Jim, good to see you posting again. As for the question...No...No one in the TSD group goes to Coz. The water is just toooo warm and the vis. is just toooo much. If you can see where you are going before you get to it it just ain't worth diving. Just ask Timeliner. :rofl3:

If ya'll don't know Jim, although he's not one of the original Swampers like TwoBit or TexasMike, he was "initiated" to the Swampers before I was, and I was "initiated" less than a month after the Swampers formed. I first met Jim at my initiation at Athens.

Jim, here's a couple of links for you to examine:

Coz. trip June 18-25 2006

P.S. The thumbnails at the bottom of the page are kinda cropped; just click on them for full size.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/197667-trip-island.html

I didn't post too many pics. from that trip, but have about a 100.

Gordon, in Austin, goes every year in May and has a post up in the Coz. forum.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/224307-scubaboarders-cozumel-may.html

I usually go in June, July, or August. Just gimme a holler when you want to go, we'll see what would work.

Hi Jim, good to see you posting again. As for the question...No...No one in the TSD group goes to Coz. The water is just toooo warm and the vis. is just toooo much. If you can see where you are going before you get to it it just ain't worth diving. Just ask Timeliner. :rofl3:

If ya'll don't know Jim, although he's not one of the original Swampers like TwoBit or TexasMike, he was "initiated" to the Swampers before I was, and I was "initiated" less than a month after the Swampers formed. I first met Jim at my initiation at Athens.

Jim, here's a couple of links for you to examine:

Coz. trip June 18-25 2006

P.S. The thumbnails at the bottom of the page are kinda cropped; just click on them for full size.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/197667-trip-island.html

I didn't post too many pics. from that trip, but have about a 100.

Gordon, in Austin, goes every year in May and has a post up in the Coz. forum.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/224307-scubaboarders-cozumel-may.html

I usually go in June, July, or August. Just gimme a holler when you want to go, we'll see what would work.
Yes, I joined the club on their 2nd dive outing to Possum Kingdom. That was a great day at Athens. Do you ever hear from Texas Mike or Des or Tabitha?

At to Coz, I am thinking hard about the June timeframe.

Hey Jim, it's good to see you back on the board.

I talk to Mike about every six months or so. He has pretty much quit diving. I dunno why.
Des pops up every now and then, and I havn't heard from Tabatha in a long time. I was thinking about looking her up but haven't. I ran into BJ in Plano a year or so ago. He and Lynette pretty much quit diving as work gets in the way.

TwoBit

I talk to Mike about every six months or so. He has pretty much quit diving. I dunno why.
Des pops up every now and then, and I havn't heard from Tabatha in a long time. I was thinking about looking her up but haven't. I ran into BJ in Plano a year or so ago. He and Lynette pretty much quit diving as work gets in the way.

TwoBit
Darn shame isn't it. I know the feeling though. It's not like I decided to stop diving, but there's only so many days in the week. Before you know it a year or two has gone by. I am going to try to make a conscious effort to get out some this summer. At least to Athens and hopefully one trip to Coz.

Guess I should rewatch my PADI Open Water cert videos :)

TwoBit
Really weird about Mike though, he was so gung ho. Last I heard he was taking the Dive Master training and buying every new piece of gear in sight. I don't believe I ever saw BJ or Lynnette again after that 2nd dive at PK.

Back
Top Bottom