Does this really ever happen? How often has /does a regulator actually fail?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may have mentioned this years ago (on this thread....), but once I was diving solo and using my pony bottle. While walking into the water I found it wasn't giving any air when I inhaled (I know, check this out before gearing up, but I, like this thread, was "young"). Repair guy said it got that way due to lack of use over maybe a couple of years.

I've had the servo valve on a Jetstream/Odin stick in the full open position, gives a new appreciation to how much gas they can deliver. Thankfully it was at the surface and the dive easily aborted.

I may have mentioned this years ago (on this thread....), but once I was diving solo and using my pony bottle. While walking into the water I found it wasn't giving any air when I inhaled (I know, check this out before gearing up, but I, like this thread, was "young"). Repair guy said it got that way due to lack of use over maybe a couple of years.
Almost all of my recent diving has been 30' or less, so I don't use the pony. But perhaps the failure of the pony reg back then was one reason why I do practice CESA regularly.

Back
Top Bottom