Does this sound like a strong first gear choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sounds like a plan

let us know how it goes

Today I went into the shop, and I got fitted with the BCD, it fit great, almost like it wasn't on at all. So tommorow I'm going to go in to purchase it, or perhaps even today, rides permiting ( only two days until my 16th B-day, the suspense is killing me lol) . Thanks for all the advice, jesse

lucky you starting diving so early,,, i started at 18 and i'm considered young. enjoy your new gear. i'm looking to go diving out west next august.

EDIT: Oh Ya and happy birthday

sciguyman:
Today I went into the shop, and I got fitted with the BCD, it fit great, almost like it wasn't on at all. So tommorow I'm going to go in to purchase it, or perhaps even today, rides permiting ( only two days until my 16th B-day, the suspense is killing me lol) . Thanks for all the advice, jesse

I hate to say this, but how a BC feels in the store, and how it feels underwater are two VASTLY different things. See if they will let you try it in the water. Pay careful attention to how things fall to hand. Do you have to hunt for the inflator hose? Do the pockets bulge out? How does the weightbelt fit with the BC on? Does the BC float if you toss it in the water (meaning you are going to have to wear extra weight just to sink it)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom