Does TU need to have pressure for WU to activate? - GEMINI PLUS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found a really good deal on a new Oceanic VT 4.0 with transmitter. Was going to go with Suunto Vyper Air (which my wife has that we really like), but found too good of a deal on the Oceanic, it will be interesting to compare the 2.

Good luck, let me know how it went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,
I have an old Gemini Plus dive computer (probably 10 years old), and I'm trying to get it set up and working. I have only used this computer once about a year and a half ago and it worked fine.
I recently put new batteries in the WU and the TU, but the WU display will not kick on. The backlight comes on when I tap it, but no display / information.
I tried a battery reset by putting the top one in backwards for 15 seconds, but still not working.
The TU beeps when i activate 1 and 2, but the WU does not want to read it.

The WU and TU did not have batteries in them at all for over a year.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
jg101

Hello jg101,

From what you have described, the WU is not initializing. Unfortunately there is no longer any support for that vintage unit. I do, however, have an option for you. We have a trade-up program here at Cochran. Please refer to this link:
http://www.divecochran.com/TradeIn/index.html. Fill out and click submit and a sales representative will be in contact with you shortly with a no obligatory quote.

Kind Regards,

Tony
Customer Service

jg101

Unfortunately I did not get this solved. I had also contacted Cochran support directly, and they sent me a short and sweet email that they do not offer support for the 'Antique' that I have.
Not even any tips to try, or anything, they only said to buy a new one. Pretty bad customer support in my books. I did though take their suggestion, but did not go with a Cochran product.
Thank you for your previous help on the matter.

Dear jg101,
I don’t see in the above email from Customer Service any mention of suggesting you to “buy a new one”. What I do see is a pretty fair offer to trade-in your “probably 10 years old” computer for a new one. I don’t know any other computer company out there that would offer a trade-in regardless if you’re the original owner or the age of the unit. If you are still interested please contact me at Cochran’s headquarters in Richardson, TX.

Thank you
Safe Diving
Cochran Undersea Technology
John Corso
Sales Manager
Domestic & International

I have an old Gemini Plus dive computer (probably 10 years old), and I'm trying to get it set up and working. I have only used this computer once a couple of years ago and it worked fine.
I put new batteries in the WU and the TU, but the WU display will not kick on. The backlight comes on when I tap it, but no display.
Does the TU need to be hooked up to a cylinder with pressure for the WU to even turn on?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
You gotta RTFM. If the machine is working correctly and batteries are above min. volts, the display will come to life when activate as per instructions pg 18. Happens automatically once pressure is applied to the TU. All of this is in the manual, which is available as a DL from Cochran, http://www.divecochran.com/support/manuals/pdf/Gemini+002m.pdf. Pg. 18 for activation info, pg.66 for Battery spec. Good luck to you and safe diving!
Cheers, Trailerparkboys

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom