Does your face burn, or do your fingers prune up after a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Seakdivers, I'm afraid I'm spoken for, but it looks as if Scuberd fits the bill perfectly. I'd have to worry about that big toy gun, though. Compensating for inadequacies in other areas, perhaps. :D

Nonetheless, maybe this could be the start of a beautiful relationship! :eek:ut:

seakdivers once bubbled...
I would lOVE to get some drygloves, but I am not sure that they would be the right thing to use with a rental suit. Do they do much damage to the seals? The suit I rent has latex seals.

You can get dry gloves that have latex seals as well.

Just pull them on and let the seals but up against one another or even overlap a bit. At worst you only have to worry about cold wrists then.

NOTE: The non-suit-integrated gloves have depth limits because you can't add air to them during the dive and they will squeeze/leak when you descend too far.

My hands are always too cold on dry-suit dives.

I'm planning to get the latex seals removed from my suit sleeves and have glove 'snap rings' put on instead.

The big complaint I have heard is they make it hard to reach in holes for lobsters etc.. Since I don't even like lobster, I don't see this being an issue for me. :wink:

dc4bs once bubbled...

NOTE: The non-suit-integrated gloves have depth limits because you can't add air to them during the dive and they will squeeze/leak when you descend too far.

I hear you can add a piece of surgical tubing between the glove and the suit and that will equalize the pressure.. If you were to overlap them a little and then a small 2"- 4" piece of tubing might do the trick. I think Uncle Pug had some info on it.

dsgobie once bubbled...

I hear you can add a piece of surgical tubing between the glove and the suit and that will equalize the pressure.. If you were to overlap them a little and then a small 2"- 4" piece of tubing might do the trick. I think Uncle Pug had some info on it.

That works well, or you can just pull a piece of fabric from your drysuit undies through to break the seal. There are many ring systems that leave the seals intact, so in the event of a glove failure, you can remove the glove, pull out the surgical tubing, and your suit doesn't flood.

I use the Diving Concepts neoprene gloves. Give the guys at www.covci.com a call and they'll set you up, surgical tubing and all.

Thanks for the suggestions on the gloves! I will give them a try.

Irishdiver - I am taken as well, but that doesn't mean that we can't be friends! (as long as you promise to cook & clean for me.......oh.... and worship me.):D

Quote: BTW, Scuberd, love that uniform. Did you get it tailored or off the peg? :Unquote

I am sorry but to me it looks like you belong in a camp somewhere out in Montana? And it Ain't no hippie commune!

BTW : an old timer told me that you could cut a coffee stirer in half and put one half in each wrist seal to equalize the gloves. I am told they lay pretty flat. And if you forget to bring them you could just look around the parking lot (Car Park). I have not tried this.

I start my drysuit course next week....Do I tell them that I have already played the odds and Dove(Dived?) Dry?

WoooHooo One post and three topics.

Thanks for the suggestions on the gloves! I will give them a try.

Irishdiver - I am taken as well, but that doesn't mean that we can't be friends! (as long as you promise to cook & clean for me.......oh.... and worship me.):D

Hey Seakdiver, I just checked out your new profile pic and, spoken for or not, all I can say is...Whoooooeeeee!! :bounce:

And soft hands too! Worship...hell, look at me go! Scuberd, get in line behind me!

:eek:ut:

DOWN BOY!!!:D

I think I will do a photo collage like Amanda so you can see what I REALLY look like!:martian:

LOL!

Irishdiver once bubbled...

Hey Seakdiver, I just checked out your new profile pic and, spoken for or not, all I can say is...Whoooooeeeee!! :bounce:

And soft hands too! Worship...hell, look at me go! Scuberd, get in line behind me!

no no no, you get in line behind ME!!! :D =-) :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom