Dolphin & Shark Diving (UNEXSO) - Evaluations Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finbob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, my daughter and I are planning a trip to the Bahamas (Nassau) in May.
Surfing the web we came across UNEXSO dives with dolphins & sharks.

Has anyone done this? If so, may I ask your evaluation of the dives &
scuba outfit. Is UNEXO different from Stuart Cove dives? What is the
difference in operation?

Apart from dolphins/sharks - what are the best dive sites?

Any help, insights would be greatly appreciated, thanks! Finbob

UNEXSO is in Port Lucaya - that's Grand Bahama so you have the wrong island.

The only other option that I'm currently aware of on Nassau is Bahama Divers. They're located near the bridge to Paradise Island so if you're staying there or on Cable Beach would be your closest option. Stuart Coves is 30-45 mins. on the south side of the island - it's why they offer the shuttle.

Since you seem to be looking for sharks/dolphins, the Lost Blue Hole dive that Bahama Divers does is a good shark option. Or request one of the sites near the feed site if diving with Stuart Coves. Anything above #30 on their dive site map is a good choice. Shark Wall would be my pick...:wink:

It's not diving but there is Dolphin Cay at Atlantis: http://www.atlantis.com/thingstodo/dolphincay.aspx

If you're not committed to Nassau and might consider Freeport instead - in addition to UNEXSO - Stuart Cove's now has a day operation that runs out to Tiger Beach. So you could dive with the Tigers. (and Lemon sharks) http://www.stuartcove.com/tigerbeachMain.aspx?id=8 Due to the distance it's an all-day trip. And $250...

Last edited:
Stuart Cove's is the operation I suggest and if you want to swim with dolphins your best as mentioned above Atlantis. There are those chance meeting with dolphins in the wild but they create the interaction. I dont know much about the dolphin program at UNEXSO but the 2 tank dive when I used them for a day was packed with divers mostly cruise ship folks! Good Luck

Thanks for the input! I guess dolphins are out and sharks are in!
Would have loved both! :D

Hi Finbob -
In response to all of the above . I guide a Shark and Dolphin trip each year to the Bahamas Banks. We travel aboard the MV Shearwater from West Palm Beach Fl. and actually live onboard the boat for 6 days. I promise lots of sharks and we do snorkel with dolphins during the day and do a snorkel with them at night which is unbelievable. I can promise encounters with lots of sharks and never been disappointed by dolphins. As an extra bonus we also release baby sea turtles. I have a few spots left for the trip which will take place in August. For more info you may contact me at steven@stevenandersonphotography.com or info@scuba-adventures.com. This trip will definitely will sink bucket lists!!!!!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom