Dolphin Tech IST Deluxe harness, anyone knows it ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you should just keep out of this thread, that would be the most usefull you could do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have asked a MOD to move it to the commercial diving forum. I've only published on article on BPW's and wrote a book with a chapter that deals with recreational gear selection. And since I'm only a technical instructor who has been diving a BPW system for nearly ten years I don't know what recreational harness will work in a commercial setting. I only know that recreational rigs are not suitable for most commercial applications.

And just to be absolutely sure you have understood this Jim. This is NOT a commercial diving question, its placed correctly here. So please just stop sidetracking this.

---------- Post added April 19th, 2014 at 10:30 PM ----------

I have asked a MOD to move it to the commercial diving forum. I've only published on article on BPW's and wrote a book with a chapter that deals with recreational gear selection. And since I'm only a technical instructor who has been diving a BPW system for nearly ten years I don't know what recreational harness will work in a commercial setting. I only know that recreational rigs are not suitable for most commercial applications.

OK Jim.

I must say I am quite puzzled by your behaviour. It seems you have stared yourself so blind on this. What is it really that you get out of this ? Now if you indeed have been diving back plates and wings for 10 years it would be a walk in the park for you to adress the questions i asked in the original question, why dont you focus all that energy on that.

You dont have to focus at all on anything that has to do with commercial diving. Just start by reading the original post.

If your intention is NOT to help but just to police the forum, please just do something else with your energy.

Kind regards

Jakob

Hey, you might be right. I propably did overreact, If so I appologize. I did forget that this is the internet and a good basis rule is to just ignore all irrelevant posts, hijacking of threads and forum policing.

Hey Man, I know how forum works.

Given your responses you don't, if you just searched for backplate and wing you would have been swamped with results.

The reason you do not see much about IST is that it is NOT a popular brand in the United States. Only a few shops carry it, Tech Diving Limited for one. That harness is similar to a Dive Rite Transplate and a Hollis Elite 2, it attaches to any standard backplate. If backmounting a tank and not using a wing I would suggest using a single tank adapter to stabilize the tank on the plate. If not the tank may not be solid on the plate and roll a bit. With a single tank adapter you can attach any modern wing to the plate.

If you want more specific information, other sources of information are contacting the vendor or checking if IST has a downloadable manual for that harness. If they don't then check for the manuals of similar products to get an idea on how they are assembled and installed onto a plate.

---------- Post added April 19th, 2014 at 04:54 PM ----------

This is NOT a commercial diving question, its placed correctly here.

You were the one that brought up commercial diving, if it wasn't relevant then why mention it? BTW, Jim is one of the nicest most helpful persons on Scubaboard.

I use the IST deluxe harness with a single wing/backplate rig. In fact, the BPW is also an IST and I've been quite happy. Very comfy setup, very adjustable. I'm 6'3", 215 pounds and I've had no problem with fit. From my 3mm wetsuit to my 7mm suit, I've not had a problem. I did add some pads to the waist portion.

However, I'm uncertain about your requirement. this is a recreational/technical rig.

[/COLOR]

You were the one that brought up commercial diving, if it wasn't relevant then why mention it? BTW, Jim is one of the nicest most helpful persons on Scubaboard.

Thx for your input.

Let me just say this. Me mentioning commercial diving did apparantly work like a blinking neon sign. It was just a way to start the post, like a bit of polite chit chat before asking the specific questions, that info can be disregarded completely, now I have said it again.

Regarding Jim, I am sure you are right. Let me just for the last time extend my appology to you Jim, I was to hot headed, ok ?

Kind regards

Jakob

---------- Post added April 20th, 2014 at 02:03 PM ----------

I use the IST deluxe harness with a single wing/backplate rig. In fact, the BPW is also an IST and I've been quite happy. Very comfy setup, very adjustable. I'm 6'3", 215 pounds and I've had no problem with fit. From my 3mm wetsuit to my 7mm suit, I've not had a problem. I did add some pads to the waist portion.

However, I'm uncertain about your requirement. this is a recreational/technical rig.

Hey

Great info. It would be good to know how easy it is to remove the wing, and just use the backplate to attach the single cylinder directly ?

Best wishes

Jakob

Removal of the wing requires removing 2 nuts; takes a minute or less.

Sounds great, I think that is the backplate system I will go for. Kind regards Jakob

Back
Top Bottom