Dominican Republic Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Punta Cana area is on the Atlantic ocean side of the Dominican, while Bayahibe is on the south Caribbean sea side which makes for much better diving. I don't know if your reservations are set in stone or not? because Dreams has a resort in Bayahibe Dreams Resorts & Spas - La Romana Resort & Spa
I would recommend Scuba Diving Dominican Republic for diving.
My wife is also a non diver. Theses are a couple of the more popular tour operators
Tours - Pro Excursions Punta Cana, Bayahibe and Excursions and Tours from Punta Cana, La Romana and Bayahibe | Seavis Excursions

Can anyone recommend a non resort, but on-the-beach place to stay in Bayahibe?
There is actually a pretty nice looking hotel right in town just steps from the ocean...I think it is called the Hotel Bayahibe (oddly enough) :) All the beachfront stuff are all-inclusives. Contact John at ScubaFun and he might have some suggestions. He also rents really nice rooms in town as well which is super handy if you are diving with him.

Since there was dearth of information about the DR, I posted a 5 part review on diving in the DR. If you haven't seen that yet, you might want to take a look.

It is best to arrange trips to the south side for Catalina Island, etc. through a dive shop on Bavaro Beach if that is the general area that you are staying. They arrange transportation and everything else. We recommend Pelicano for the dive firm. They will also pick you up in a boat off of the beach to come to the diveshop for dives. You can get a 10% discount off of their dives if you book them on line with a credit card. They also have free nitrox for the dives off of Bavaro Beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom