http://www.diveheart.org/

Donate to Ukraine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread has been moved here from the Non-Diving Related Stuff forum. Now living in Good Causes, several entire discussions have been deleted as Off Topic. Please pay attention to the special rules for this forum.

Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way, just want to do something other than talk about how sad and shocking it is.

I don't know how to start this, I feel hopeless with what's happening in Ukraine, everyone is talking about it around me, there's little I can do, but I know they need money. I'm trying to get my whole family in on a donation. If anyone else feels like doing so, here are some places donations can be made. I'm not looking for a fight so if you disagree with this, that's fine, walk on by. I saw this photo of a mother and father carrying their wounded infant into a hospital, the look of shear terror on the mothers face was palpable.

If I've broken any SB rules please let me know.

Thank you.

More places to donate

United Help Ukraine, which formed in 2014 after the Russian annexation of Crimea, is taking donations at unitedhelpukraine.org. The organization's focus is on providing medical supplies and clothing, helping wounded Ukrainian soldiers and raising awareness through rallies and protests.

World Central Kitchen, founded by Spanish-American Chef Jose Andres, has volunteers and partner restaurants distributing meals at multiple border crossings. People can donate at wck.org.

Other places people can donate include the United Way's United for Ukraine Fund, Doctors Without Borders, International Medical Corps, UNICEF, Global Empowerment Mission and International Rescue Committee.

If anyone knows of other ways or places to donate please feel free to add them.

If it's too hard for people to organize for whatever reason, I can always accept on peoples behalf and forward on to an agreed organization, could even send as a "From Scubaoard", I don't really know just thinking out loud.

These are some great resources. Thank you for taking the time to look them up. My wife was talking about donating in some way, and I think this will give us some guidance.

Erik

On the news in the UK there's been some people who've booked AirBnB "stays". This means that the people with the property get the money directly even if "you can't make your stay".

Am lost for words and cannot express my utter despair with humanity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom