Don't be alarmed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're both idiots! What you are proposing is dangerous and irresponsible...

You need a DM with you!

PM or email me...

:D

All three of you are are going to get this guy killed! Obviously he needs tech training (paypal accepted).

:eyebrow:

OK,

So what I've got so far:

I will need to get a dive buddy, dive master and a tech instructor to do some shallow bay photography, but I have to look both ways before I jump in!

Great! Look for your airline tickets in the mail and I'll meet y'all down there!

In all seriousness, Elan, I only ask to show my wife some opinions on the matter (I'm closer to the 50 dive mark- 98% Riveria Maya dives).

I did try to view the Solo Dive forum, but I'm blocked!

Oh wait a minute! I found a dive buddy. Sorry guys, no tickets in the mail!

unbranded-inflatable-doll-male.jpg

Now I'm sure this may get the alarmists fired up, but let me preface this first. I would NEVER do anything that I felt would put me in grave danger or harm myself in any way. I am going to Adventuras Akumal in July and have a condo on the beach. last time I was there, I snorkled the bay on a regular basis with my camera. The bay has a protective reef and the water was 20 ft deep or so at the deepest and very calm. The problem with snorkle and camera's is trying to get a good shot 5' under water is a pain. I was thinking of suiting up and using my dive gear to do it. Now heres the alarm: I will be solo. What it will amount to is snorkeling with apperatus with a few shallow dives from time to time.

I'm looking for opinions and comments and if anyone else does this.(the wife is fretting over this)

attached are views of the bay. I will be restricted to stay in front of the small private condos (near Villa Derosa)

It sounds like your wife needs to hurry up and get certified so she can be your buddy during the trip and you don't need to worry about this "dilemma"...

It sounds like your wife needs to hurry up and get certified so she can be your buddy during the trip and you don't need to worry about this "dilemma"...
Or she could just up his life insurance and let him go for it.

:D

Back
Top Bottom