Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have a new shipment of o2 cleaning kits for snorkels AND paid split fins. any takers?

i want the shirt and card also. my 2 yunguns ( one is is my avatar with me) are getting their regular(well, junior) certs next month. they're both dorks already, now they will be divers. will they have to do any further dork training or is it included?

dano

Teamcasa:
Dork Divers is dedicated to diving for fun.
Dork Divers may safely use any type or color of dive gear.
Dork Divers may wear their mask on the forehead.
Dork Divers couldn't care less if your gear cost 10x what their’s did.
Dork Divers like diving in warm tropical seas.
Dork Divers don’t care about your SAC rate.
Dork Divers don’t care about how deep you dive.
Dork Divers don’t care about Trimix.
Dork Divers don't flame posters on ScubaBoard.
Dork Divers respect the boat owner and deck hands.
Dork Divers respect the environment, both above and below.
Dork Divers smile and enjoy the day, even if the dive is called.

Great idea! But the manifesto needs to be printed on the back of the shirt, underneath the "DDHF" banner. Put the other image on the front of the shirt.

Hit me up when they are printed, I'll buy one.

Comrade Dork Stroke

Count me in too - I'm tired of hanging my head in shame for wearing a Sea Hawk knife. I also think that SAC is important - it was a major component in the cold war effort... I'm just not sure of how that relates to diving though. - Chris

Ah, the snorkel only slightly less controversial than the gravity bong. I think snorkels are fine if the cage holding the ping pong ball is removed. Dive knives shouldn't be too long. Anything that is too long to restrict knee flexibility or can't be wielded with one hand should be reconsidered.

Thumper517:
Can we wear our snorkels upside down?

I,m in.
I have a variation for you. Dive with your snorkel between your mask strap and your head (like I did as my entry feat for becoming a Dork Diver). This provides an unobtrusive statement about being a true dork diver by virtue of the fact that this subtle equipment configuration lets water into your mask almost every time you turn your head (unless your strap is so tight that your eyes bulge out; now that is really so dorky, it's almost not worthy of being in the organization).

Too Funny!!! (the entire thread) Any way Advanced Dork Divers ADD for short???

Desert_Diver:
Do we have to do anything to be certified as Dork Divers? What about Advanced Dork Divers?

Count me in. I not only want the t shirt, I want the c-card(s) as well.

Art

fisherdvm:
Do you have to do a 20 yard one breath underwater no push off swim to join the club?
As long as you can wear splits or you count going straight down 10 yards and back up.

I thought D.O.R.K. was the name of the group.
Divers Opposed to Righteous Know-it-allishness :D

From Wikipedia ..
"It is popularly asserted that the term DORK originated as whalers' occupational slang for the penis of a whale, ... "

So it is clearly time to bring it back to the ocean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom