Double 72's with #36 Halcyon Pioneer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot:
pick up a dual purpose wing like one of the DiveRites...

Hope you find an ingenious solution to share with the rest of us :)

This ended up being my ingenious solution :) After some screwing around I found that the Pioneer was way too narrow and wasn't worth pursuing. Thanks everyone for your input.

-- Matt

ianr33:
I know for a fact that it is possible to use an single wing (30 lb Oxycheq I believe) with double Al 80's
I wont say how I know this suffice it to say it was not me that forgot my doubles wing ! It worked,even with an Al 40 stage
Suspect the results may be a bit different with heavy steel tanks,thick wetsuit,non optimal weighting etc.
Ideal?Not by a long way. Possible? Yes

Flame Away :D

Using a single tank wing for doubles is a recipe for trouble due to instability and inadequate lift. There is a definite reason that the mfg's make separate wings for singles and doubles. According to your post, this person was apparently using this dodgy setup for deco diving...not something I'd recommend.

mstudley:
Not looking for what the ideal situation is.... looking to see if anyone has tried this or if they haven't what their thoughts on getting it to work are. Also not looking for "blah blah you shouldn't do that you should be using blah blah blah" responses either.

Why???

Potential answers...

>>> You are not interested in looking for the ideal rig.

>>> You want to see if this will work so you can use it to end the genetic faults in your lineage.

>>> Real answers don't interst you when they are not what you want to hear.

Shut me up and give me a real reason that this is relevant to any sort of safe diving practice. You posted this question and KNEW what the right answer was (which is why you posted ."...Not looking for what the ideal situation is.... looking to see if anyone has tried this or if they haven't what their thoughts on getting it to work are. Also not looking for "blah blah you shouldn't do that you should be using blah blah blah" responses either.")

... or this was a troll

cyklon_300:
Using a single tank wing for doubles is a recipe for trouble due to instability and inadequate lift. There is a definite reason that the mfg's make separate wings for singles and doubles. According to your post, this person was apparently using this dodgy setup for deco diving...not something I'd recommend.

Oh I agree with you completely. IMNSHO he was very lucky not to die doing this.

The same person has even been known to do deco on air !!!!!!! And dive a steel tank with a wetsuit!!!!!

jhelmuth:
Why???

Potential answers...

>>> You are not interested in looking for the ideal rig.

>>> You want to see if this will work so you can use it to end the genetic faults in your lineage.

>>> Real answers don't interst you when they are not what you want to hear.

Shut me up and give me a real reason that this is relevant to any sort of safe diving practice. You posted this question and KNEW what the right answer was (which is why you posted ."...Not looking for what the ideal situation is.... looking to see if anyone has tried this or if they haven't what their thoughts on getting it to work are. Also not looking for "blah blah you shouldn't do that you should be using blah blah blah" responses either.")

... or this was a troll

meh... or you're a troll.

Wow, you can't post anything on this board without someone eventually picking it apart for one reason or another. I wanted thoughts on actually getting it to work, not comments on how bad an idea it is/was, how I'm going to die if I dive with it or anything else. It's called an EXPERIMENT... woooooo... doing something other than the norm...

Oh, and "You're going to drown diving this rig" is NOT a real answer to "Hey, do you think I could get this to work".

Any mods around? Please close this thread.... all set.

Back
Top Bottom