DPV shipping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

double post.

The explorer is the best one Seadoo makes and it's got more burn time than other models and is more powerful. An x would be great.

Cheepo DPV can be had at a lot of facilites, here are two examples:

Dive BVI we only rent DPVs to divers with DPV certifications or those who earn their PADI DPV certification with us ($200). Snorkelers simply need to take our 1/2 hour orientation class and they're ready to go.

Sail Caribbean Divers:

PADI DPV Specialty Course:
Includes 2 dives with a DPV, as well as knowledge development with an instructor.
$150 total (dive equipment, DPV, course materials, boat transportation)

Certified DPV Divers:
With DPV specialty certification, you can rent them from our boat.
$25 extra per dive (please reserve ahead of time)

---------------------------------------------------------

Notice that their rentals are a come-on for a DPV specially course.

Please Mr. Caribbean Instructor, would you help me learn how to use my Aqua Zepp?
---------------------------------------------------------

One place I found seems to take it seriously:
Diving Playa del Carmen: Here are some of the items that we have in our rental program: Aluminum Back plates, Stainless Back plates, Regulators of all kinds and configurations, Gavin Scooters, Mako Scooters, Aqua Zepp Scooters, Draegar Dolphin Rebreathers, Draegar Ray Rebreathers, Double 80 cubic ft tanks, Double 104's, 30, 40, and 80 cubic foot stage tanks (all O2 clean), Halcyon wings, Dive Rite Wings, Dive Rite Primary Lights, American Underwater Primary Lights, backup lights, Primary Reels, Explorer Reels, Safety Reels.

Strange how I own one but can't rent one because I am not certified.

uspap:
Strange how I own one but can't rent one because I am not certified.
I own two and have since the late 1970s, but I'm not certified either, guess we should all apply for our own specialty courses and certify ourselves.

Thal
Here's my course. Point,Pull Trigger, Watch Your Depth. You are now certified by me. That will be $175.00

uspap:
Thal
Here's my course. Point,Pull Trigger, Watch Your Depth. You are now certified by me. That will be $175.00
I'd cover a few other things like battery charging, but operationaly you've got it. Can you imagine? You have to have a PADI specialty card. What crap.

That would be an expensive and worthless piece of Padi Plastic. It would be good to cover battery charging and O ring care. On the other hand my manual that came with the scooter covered that. I wasn't sure what to expect with the scooter on its maiden voyage. It took less than 30 seconds to be comfortable. I want to take the Padi dive light speacialty course for my new UK Light Cannon.
On the plus side I have worked out the shipping issue. Thank you all.

uspap, sorry to take so long to post to your question.

My wife and I routinely take our X-Scooters around the world on dive trips, and have no issues, really, other than the logistics of taking a second piece of luggage apiece.

We take our scooters as carry-on luggage. Currently we are using the Seahorse case that the manufacturer provides. This means that a dive trip has us each with two bags, one with the scooter (69 lbs) and the other with dive gear and clothes (50 lbs). Since everything has wheels, it's pretty easy in airports and hotels.

I am certain this is doable even in the most remote of locations; I am writting this from Kuala Lumpur after returning from a bit more than a week at Sipadan testing the CSI camera (fantastic, BTW). Getting there involved 4 different airlines, each flight using progressivelly smaller and smaller aircraft, followed by a van, then small boat. No problems at all.

When we first started flying with our scooters we would usually arrive with the cases having been opened, and a TSA "love note" inside. We presume this was due to the big chunk of battery in the X-ray. That's slowly stopped being the norm, and this last trip they weren't even opened once.

It's easy enough that Janet (my wife) returned to the US after the trip with both our scooters and both our bags of dive gear (I stayed here on business). She reported virtually no problems, even getting all that through LAX Customs on her own.

About the only issue I can see is the applicable weight limits for your airline of choice, and this hasn't been a problem for us... $50 US here and there. Airline choice includes more than just ticket price, and we shop with baggage limits in mind, too.

Taking our scooters has been more than worth it, we actually can't imagine going without.

Hope this helps. If you visit the X-Scooter website there's an article covering just this topic under What's New.

All the best, James

uspap:
That would be an expensive and worthless piece of Padi Plastic. It would be good to cover battery charging and O ring care. On the other hand my manual that came with the scooter covered that. I wasn't sure what to expect with the scooter on its maiden voyage. It took less than 30 seconds to be comfortable. I want to take the Padi dive light speacialty course for my new UK Light Cannon.
On the plus side I have worked out the shipping issue. Thank you all.
I'll trade you a Dive Knife Specialty Card and a Folding Snorkel Specialty Card for one of your Dive Light Specialty Cards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom