DPV shipping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fdog-That's good to hear. I can't imagine shore diving without the scooters.

Thal- I had to buy 2 books, a DVD, spend 2 nights in class and do 2 boat dives over 2 weekends for that specialty. Now if you throw in your PADI How To Spit In Your Mask Specialty card we have a deal.

Nemrod:
Define "them".

I am curious.

N

Rent a Tiger Ray Scooter runs for one hour, approx. speed 2 mph. $25.00

SEA-DOO Seascooter VS Supercharged Rent for $25.00, purchase for $525.00

Are these "pool toys"? I am no expert on DPV's; the only time I used them was when I took my AOW.

tc_rain:
Rent a Tiger Ray Scooter runs for one hour, approx. speed 2 mph. $25.00

SEA-DOO Seascooter VS Supercharged Rent for $25.00, purchase for $525.00

Are these "pool toys"? I am no expert on DPV's; the only time I used them was when I took my AOW.

I used the Tyger Ray. It was so slow that my "tech" students decided life was better without it. Any of my students could easily outpace the rider. They all waited in line to use my Gavin though.

25.00 buys a nice lunch for two, skip the Ray. I don't know anything about the Sea -Doo, but needless to say I can't believe it so turbo charged that it would blow away something like a Gavin, Mako, or X- scooter.

X

I have a Sea doo VS Supercharged Did 22 dives in Bonaire the first week of April it worked great,it has over 200 dives on it,batteries last (2) 50 min dives I don't know what fancy scooter Nemrod has,but at least I get to use mine............cost 400.00 and can travel with you If it died today that is only 2.00 per dive.

My scooter weights 18# with the battery I put it is a case with my wetsuits ,fins, boots, and 1/2 my clothes. the other case has all the rest of my dive gear and the other1/2 of my clothes both cases weigh about 47 # each. plus you can take a carry on that weighs less than 40 #. so if you pack to the limit you can take 140# of gear.
I have done it many times.last trip was to Bonaire 2 weeks ago

Jim

rjack321:
Not any worse than their responses to canister lights. Include a copy of the manual with any non-obvious gear like this works most times.

Pretty good idea.

The main risk would be theft, since TSA won't let you lock the travel case. That is true overseas as well.

A nonstop flight would be less risky than connections.

If there are flight connections, then I would not check it through to the destination, but would rather pick it up at every flight connection, and go through security with it over again. Check the rest of your luggage through, though, to give you less to carry.

Avoid London-Heathrow. That is now the worst airport on this earth.

fdog:
more than a week at Sipadan testing the CSI camera (fantastic, BTW).

All the best, James

Okey where's that report... :) I want one... :)

Ben_ca:

Not a CSI report...but a short field report - Mr.X is now diving an X. I've got a little guy (short body) and it handles so well vs. my other monsters. The first thing I noticed right off the bat is that the handle sits in the 'ready' position in the water + it doesn't counter-rotate. My wrists are happier. I can do barrel rolls with ease and the double O ring seals ensures a water tight compartment. I have conducted leak tests with a MAKO/Aeris and sometimes off-geometry of the shroud o-rings ended up with a slow leak/flood. Ick. :11: A nick on a Gavin sealing edge as always a concern too.

One of the more pleasant aspects of this scooter is the fact that it is sooo easy to transport. Typically I's use a handcart or dolly to move my scooter. Sometimes I would lug a standard, or short body over my shoulder from resting spot to resting spot. With this little guy I can transport it easily while wearing my full kit. Also, the heavy duty housing is not something I have to worry about should it get bashed into something like a MAKO ABS, or Gavin PVC body.

I can't wait to get it in the water again!

X

Mr.X:
Also, the heavy duty housing is not something I have to worry about should it get bashed into something like a MAKO ABS, or Gavin PVC body. X

sweet! DPV demolition derby!!!!!!

Ben_ca:
Ben, I'll make a complete report as soon as I get back from Malaysia...honest....in a couple of days!

In the meantime, here is a short clip exported from the camera, this was shot shortly after sunset. We both had to have the speed at 1 to keep from outrunning the turtle. Low light performance of the CSI camera head appears to exceed that of the Canon Elura 100 camcorder, I was impressed.

And here is another clip high noon at the surface.

All the best, James

Well I've been there and back. I put a copy of the manual in the case and all went well. It was inspected as I thought it would be but it passed with no problems. Thanks to all for the advice. Next stop Grand Cayman. In 3 months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom