DPV shipping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdog:
In the meantime, here is a short clip exported from the camera, this was shot shortly after sunset. We both had to have the speed at 1 to keep from outrunning the turtle. Low light performance of the CSI camera head appears to exceed that of the Canon Elura 100 camcorder, I was impressed.

And here is another clip high noon at the surface.

Very cool! Thank you for posting the clips.

I think checking in a DPV really depends on the type of battery it uses... I have a Seadoo Explorer which uses a lead acid battery, and I had wanted to travel with it once, but when I asked the airline, they basically said that wet (acid) based batteries were not allowed no matter what in check-in luggage, and must be shipped as cargo and declared.. But for other scooters that use NiMh or Lithium batteries, it would be fine to check in..

I think checking in a DPV really depends on the type of battery it uses... I have a Seadoo Explorer which uses a lead acid battery, and I had wanted to travel with it once, but when I asked the airline, they basically said that wet (acid) based batteries were not allowed no matter what in check-in luggage, and must be shipped as cargo and declared.. But for other scooters that use NiMh or Lithium batteries, it would be fine to check in..

Here are a few DPV (seascooter) transport options:

SEA DOO Seascooter Carry Bag

Seadoo Explorer Rolling Carry Bag

I don't think you're required to put a seadoo seascooter in these bags

This Pelican case is amazing but you may need to break it down depending on size:
Pelican 1690 with 1" thick foam liner carrying case

The SeaDoo and all other lead acid battery scooters use a SEALED lead acid battery which is fine (although insanely heavy) for air travel. A "wet" lead acid battery is like the ones in a car which can't be tipped upside down without spilling acid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom