Draft code of practice for Belize.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why does Australia require scuba divers to have/wear a snorkel?

I am pretty sure it all goes back to the famous Lonergan incident. After the Lonergans were lost at sea, they wanted to make sure that that didn't happen again. There are all sorts of required procedures to make sure it doesn't happen. If you are lost at sea for an extended period of time, a snorkel may help keep water out of your mouth.

I suppose i could block off one end of it and use it to catch rain water so i could get a drink. Perhaps find a way to use it as a pocket fisherman. Personally, i just generally make myself known amongst the other guests so that if the dm's manage to forget me, the other divers notice. And then I've also got my pocket flare, my dye pack, my dive alert, my signal mirror and just need to pick up an EPERB and be diving with a notary for my holographic will.

A snorkel it mandatory with some of the dive shop s in the keys. If it is rough and you need to accomplish a surface swim, a snorkel makes it easier. I keep a folding snorkel in my by pocket.

Dr.Lecter, there aren't many divers of your bent diving in Belize.

---------- Post added August 13th, 2014 at 02:23 AM ----------

There are at least three items that to whuch i object. At least two of them may cause me to come to love another. :(

Greetings from Belize everyone!

I must say that all of the comments and feedback above are very valuable and insightful when it comes to the draft code of practice for Recreational Scuba Diving Services in Belize.

On behalf of the Belize Tourism Board, I invite all of you to please submit your valuable feedback using the comment template below, so that your comments are taken into consideration after the period of public comments is over (October 15, 2014):

It is very important for comments to be submitted via this template in order for protocol to be followed.

Downloads - Press Releases - Comment Template for the Draft Code of Practice for Recreational Scuba Diving Service

You can e-mail your comments to the Belize Bureau of Standards or to the Belize Tourism Board:
bbs@btl.net
director@bbs.gov.bz
athompson@travelbelize.org
layuso@travelbelize.org

Thanks everyone! :cool2:

Greetings from Belize everyone!

I must say that all of the comments and feedback above are very valuable and insightful when it comes to the draft code of practice for Recreational Scuba Diving Services in Belize.

On behalf of the Belize Tourism Board, I invite all of you to please submit your valuable feedback using the comment template below, so that your comments are taken into consideration after the period of public comments is over (October 15, 2014):

It is very important for comments to be submitted via this template in order for protocol to be followed.

Downloads - Press Releases - Comment Template for the Draft Code of Practice for Recreational Scuba Diving Service

You can e-mail your comments to the Belize Bureau of Standards or to the Belize Tourism Board:
bbs@btl.net
director@bbs.gov.bz
athompson@travelbelize.org
layuso@travelbelize.org

Thanks everyone! :cool2:

I think this an excellent effort, and I have submitted my comments. I hope all others take that step.

If anyone is interested, I commented on the following:

1. There is self contradictory language in saying that divers going to the Blue Hole should have AOW or the equivalent and then adding the message that AOW limits divers to 100 feet.

2. I don't think snorkels are necessary for safety.

3. In the required equipment section, if computers are required, then the additional requirement for "means to measure time and depth limit exposure to inert gas" is redundant.

I think I'll open a shop that rents bottomtimers :D

I'm sure some minister here in Belize already has that covered…..

I think this an excellent effort, and I have submitted my comments. I hope all others take that step.

If anyone is interested, I commented on the following:

1. There is self contradictory language in saying that divers going to the Blue Hole should have AOW or the equivalent and then adding the message that AOW limits divers to 100 feet.

2. I don't think snorkels are necessary for safety.

3. In the required equipment section, if computers are required, then the additional requirement for "means to measure time and depth limit exposure to inert gas" is redundant.

Thanks very much for submitting John!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom