Drift diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to consider Grand Cayman(in particular Sunset House) or Roatan(in particular Bay Island Beach Resort--BIBR)...each has great boat diving PLUS pretty good shore diving available....

Not necessarily. If you don't like current and drift diving, Cozumel really is not the place you want to go.

If you don't like 100 ft visibility and warm water, then Cozumel really is not the place you want to go. ;^)

If you don't like 100 ft visibility and warm water, then Cozumel really is not the place you want to go. ;^)

Good Diving and Easy Diving are not the same thing. It's not as hard as diving off NC, but diving in Cozumel is at least intermediate, if not advanced diving.

Good Diving and Easy Diving are not the same thing. It's not as hard as diving off NC, but diving in Cozumel is at least intermediate, if not advanced diving.

True, there are intermediate and advanced dives to be had there, but there are dives around Cozumel suited to every experience level. I dove Cozumel the first time a week after my OW cert dives and I had no trouble handling it. The op I was diving with was cognizant of my lack of experience and tailored my diving accordingly.

IME, if you tell the dive op. what your experience level is truthfully (and the one I dive with asks), they will not take you somewhere that increases their potential of having a problem. They want you to have a good time and they also don't want to damage their reputation. They're not going to drop a new diver fresh out of OW certification into a ripping current, it's just bad business.

Note: I'm obviously referring to reputable ops. that have a good history of taking care of their customers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom