drink after dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

95yj:
Wanna hear something discusting? There's no Guiness on tap here on any of the ABC islands. They think Guiness comes in the carbonated bottle. (Not even the cans or bottles with the widgets.)

That's pretty sad. But I've had the new Guinness Draught in a bottle, and it's pretty dang close.

DawgDiver:
Blashphemer! :kopfab:

And bud light is to light beers what the Yugo was to the car industry.

Whats wrong with my Yugo??

Well we drink after the dive day is done...crack open a few Cold Canadian beers, Molson, Labbats Blue, Richards Red, consume in moderation...Fill our bellies with some fish and chips...soak up the sun..if any...chat about the days dive, plan for the next day...

Whom said diving was not fun...

I still fail to see any point (or taste for that matter) in light beers.

Funny coloured water with a slightly noticable after taste.

The moment I have my two hand out of my gloves the cooler bag gets opened and the ice cold Amstel lager goes one way.... there is nothing as good to get rid of the dry after taste of diving for 50 minutes...

95yj:
Black and Tans are for those who can't drink a whole glass of Guiness by itself.

Not quite....it's a unique taste complete with a visual separation of flavors. Guiness by iteself is also fantastic.

I returned from Ireland 9 days ago...and there IS a distinct difference in taste between Guiness in Ireland the stuff we get here. I read about it but I know it's true first hand. There is no after bite with the Guiness Draft served in Ireland. There is an after bite with the draft shipped over here....

--Matt

String:
I still fail to see any point (or taste for that matter) in light beers.

Funny coloured water with a slightly noticable after taste.
Neither can I.

matt_unique:
Not quite....it's a unique taste complete with a visual separation of flavors. Guiness by iteself is also fantastic.

I returned from Ireland 9 days ago...and there IS a distinct difference in taste between Guiness in Ireland the stuff we get here. I read about it but I know it's true first hand. There is no after bite with the Guiness Draft served in Ireland. There is an after bite with the draft shipped over here....

--Matt

It was the same here until a few years ago. The Guniness here (only 90nm from Ireland by sea!) was undrinkable and a nasty after taste whereas in Ireland itself it was great. Whatever they changed a few years ago however worked and it now tastes the same here as there.

I personally like bud light or a Corona w/ lime. I'm not to much into the dark beers.

jhbryaniv:
Guinness is disgusting. . . someone get me a Bud lite. . .

I'm with you on the bud light, But only if proceded by a shot of Jager.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom