drink after dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, of course it does - that's just one of the many reasons I drink!

Count me among the beer snobs - I can't understand why anyone would want to drink a bottle of "wet air".

Michael

Although I'm not a "purist" about this (to err is human!), I generally don't drink nights before I dive... or after. I'm pushing 60, so I don't like to increase my odds of a hit... and I do enough other things while diving to push the limits. Besides, it's awfully hard for me to edit the video after the dives if I've been drinking. The only exception I've found is sake... I can drink a whole bottle of sake and still edit fine. Those of you twenty-somethings can handle a lot more than I can (although it seems most of the DCS hits around here are in that age group!).

serambin:
DON'T EAT THE PEANUTS !!! The salt will dehydrate you.

When I was there, a famous dive/chamber guru had a round table at Sharky's in Key Largo. Beer and salty peanuts is considered the +15ft saftey stop. Acording to Dick, a saline solution helps flush the nitrogen from the system. He also recomended non carbonated fluids with sodium as best hydration on dive boats (High C - 5%). Water might only be better than coffee, tea and soda.

Remember the radio stunt, too much water can kill. In addition to cleaning equipment, I have to pump tanks and turn uniform shirt inside out before sitting down at the bar.

Has anyone ever been to a resort that had a cocktail hour served by the pool? isn't it funny that alot of them don't let anyone have drinks in the pool itself? I mean come on us good ole' boys will grab a few brews and hop down the the lake and have fun.

Just don't drink and drive or do anything that requires concentration. I wouldn't drink and then dive. However a nice cold whatever i can find after the dives are always nice.

As a friends would sing.... b double e double r u n ... beer run.

dmdoss:
Dont drink, makes ya do bad things.

If it makes you do bad things then you absolutely should not drink, but for me a drink or two and I get very intelligent and with a few more I am a "ohhh so sexy":crafty:

I can not recall doing anything bad ever

Mauifish:
If it makes you do bad things then you absolutely should not drink, but for me a drink or two and I get very intelligent and with a few more I am a "ohhh so sexy":crafty:

I can not recall doing anything bad ever

lol that was my old roommates motto, if I don't remember it, it never happened.

RUM!!!! What is with all this beer stuff? Don't get me wrong, beer is good. But for me, it is RUM after a dive! And don't cut it with some nasty cola.
As we say here in Florida.. we don't dive in ice, we put it in our drinks! :palmtree:

well lets see this thread was very definately hijacked a long time ago. first ETOH or ethyl alchohol is a mild blood thinner and a great vasodilator it has very little effect on how the body will degas it is also a CNS depressant and does infact impair mental facility, as if we had any to begin with, I usually don't drink untill I get home since most of my diving is done as S&R no beer on scene and no driving post beer, I also agree that if it says lite, or light on the label, give it to the dogs cause all it is is P**s water, however some people think it gonna help with the dunlop condition( as if eating a whole bag of doritos and then thinking a lite beer is gonna help) then have at it. when rec diving I wait till I have all my gear and my arse cleaned up, have a bottle of gatoraide and a bottle of water then eat then beer. or peach margarita's in large quantity oh and one more thing you can keep that cold water diving stuff I hate looking like a smurf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom