Drug War Hits Roatan...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This the newest from Yahoo message board:

For the curious about the East End Message List
Reply Message #15407 of 15412 < Prev | Next >

For those who seem to think that there is an all out drug war on the east end I
want to post for you. My wife keeps up with this group and usually I never post
but when I hear some of the things said about the east end drug war and is it
safe to bring my family I no longer can set by and not participate in your
group. First of all let me introduce myself I am Mike my wife,Roxanne, and I own
Camp Bay Beach Adventure Lodge. We have been coming to the east end since 2001
and have always felt safe here, even with these recent events. Mostly the
problem was brought to the far west end of Diamond Rock and has ended up in
Punta Gorda. I say brought because these are not normal happenings for this end
of the island. The people stole from a cartel in route that were not even on
Roatan, they were at another island. The ones that stole the boat brought it to
Diamond Rock and ended up in Punta Gorda.
So lets get that clear that it is not DRUG GANG activity it was a search for
what was taken. I am sure that in the past you have all heard of a robbery or
two that happened in this are mentioned, These are the very same ones that are
involved in this. Not to condone the activity but they brought these trouble to
their families with their own selfish acts of greed. Just so everyone knows they
stole almost $80,000,000. from a Columdian cartel,who have been almost unseen
since this started. Never once have they even been seen in any other areas then
the ones mentioned and never once have I felt any threat or unsafe for me or my
family which is here with me. For those who are thinking is it safe you need to
know that the east end of Roatan,especially Camp Bay is, probably the safest
place on ALL of Roatan. These are loving family communities that give you a
glimps of Roatans at it finest. So please before you make post of how it is here
please get some facts first you only hurt the whole of the island when you post
hear say. If you don't want to take my word for it come and see for yourself as
some others have.

Mike Bracewell
Camp Bay Beach Adventure Lodge

Mr. RoatanMan, I would think the impact could depend on where you are staying on Roatan! Don't you think? I'm going there in June and wish to stay informed not only because of the trip, but the fact that we own property there. I'll leave you to your trivial chatter.

Mr. RoatanMan, I would think the impact could depend on where you are staying on Roatan! Don't you think? I'm going there in June and wish to stay informed not only because of the trip, but the fact that we own property there. I'll leave you to your trivial chatter.

[trivial chatter] Since you own property there, you must understand then how remote this described place is.

I would wager that maybe 1 out of 2,000 island visitors to the island get no nearer than 10 miles of the place. (Cruise Shippers included, altho they wouldn't come within 30 miles)

You understand that fact. Most reader do not, but you did not offer your knowledge, just reprinted more internet copying. Mike stumbled around an explanation- but remember- he was writing to people like you- those who understand the geography.

How do you convey to the casual reader the relevance of that geography? I tried.

Did you actually read my previous post that I cited above? I was agreeing with what you posted. Might want to read the entire thread, as well.

Whenever posting raw "information", especially as a "local", you must always bring relevance into the discussion.

[/trivial chatter]

Yes sir, Mr. Discussion Authority

Please fill us in on your personal experience on such issues, It would be great to hear from someone who owns property up east such as yourself that can let us know the story first hand without relying on this trivial chatter and cut and paste posts.
I have heard a great deal of stories with some variety amongst them but have not traveled up that way in over a year.
Now down at our place the dog is on alert and she did bark at something last night but it may have just been an armadillo.

Attachments

• kicksy.jpg
    kicksy.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 298
This the newest from Yahoo message board:

For the curious about the East End Message List
Reply Message #15407 of 15412 < Prev | Next >

The people stole from a cartel in route that were not even on Roatan, they were at another island. The ones that stole the boat brought it to Diamond Rock and ended up in Punta Gorda. So lets get that clear that it is not DRUG GANG activity.

Mike Bracewell
Camp Bay Beach Adventure Lodge

Anything a CARTEL is involved in is DRUG GANG ACTIVITY. :shakehead:

.... It would be great to hear from someone who owns property up east such as yourself that can let us know the story first hand without relying on this trivial chatter and cut and paste posts.....

Being Mr. Discussion Authority, I must point out that he never said where his property was.

He still doesn't get that I was agreeing with what he copied and pasted here... just placed in context.

Being Mr. Discussion Authority, I must point out that he never said where his property was.

He still doesn't get that I was agreeing with what he copied and pasted here... just placed in context.

Yes sir Almighty Authority man, I realize that but i figured his property must be that area, I mean i have plenty of property on the island as well yet being well West of there i have no concerns about this particular subject. I guess i assumend, YEAH I KNOW ABOUT ASSUMING, but assumed if he had a concern his property must be that way and he has personal experience to add to this rather than just the cut and paste stuff, heck, I talk with my watchman every couple days or so even when all is calm
I guess i was hoping this landowner could take the helm as the know all authority on the far out east end happenings. As far as most of his posts, I read them a day or so before he cuts and pastes them here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom