Dry suit or damp suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Condensation is inevitable. If the seals seem OK but you are getting soaked near a seal pay particular attention to not having fabric caught in the seal. it will act as a wick and get you soaked.

Are these full foam neoprene suits? If so the valves may need to be snugged a few times until the neoprene settles.

Based on you stating "our suits we were pretty damp." all is probably normal.

Pete

I am having the same problem with my new drysuit! I just got a Waterproof d7 and am diving dry for the first time and have taken it in the pool a few times. Each time I come out, The wrists, stomach and neck of my undergarment are wet (where all the seals are). What am I doing wrong?

Wrists and neck will usually leak a bit. If you are wet that is bad, but damp around them isn't unusual. Zipper on a new suit should not leak.

I don't know what dry is.

However, I am skinny, wirey even, and it is my neck and wrist tendons that cause the problem.

Your seals have to be pretty tight. If you are not sweating (smell it!), then the dampness leaches from the seals to the whole upper torso.

I have a White's Fusion with the Silicone SiTech seals - neck and wrist. Unless I screw up, I typically get more wet from sitting in a damp area on the tailgate after taking the suit off after the dive. Actual leaks have been the result of not makig sure that the valves are properly tightened on the suit, or getting something caught in the dry-glove locking rings (usually part of the glove liner). My wife dove the suit once (in the pool) and had terrible leaks - turns out I had some holes in the wrist seals that I hadn't noticed because I'd been using dry gloves...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom