Dry Suit Undergarments for Monterey Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was wondering if the 300g fleece undergarments is sufficient for Monterey diving. I'm pretty set on ordering a custom set from SoftWear, as I don't seem to fit the stock sizes from DUI or other companies. I'm just worried that it may not be warm enough, what's your take?

Mel

melfox26:
I was wondering if the 300g fleece undergarments is sufficient for Monterey diving. I'm pretty set on ordering a custom set from SoftWear, as I don't seem to fit the stock sizes from DUI or other companies. I'm just worried that it may not be warm enough, what's your take?

Mel

I did exactly what you are intending (bought 300 weight fleece from Janice) and I'm quite comfy in Monterey water....

I used Janice's 300g one piece in Monterey/Carmel - although next time I'd go with a two piece - the one piece is a little restrictive (mostly because of one wrong measurement I took when measuring myself). A two piece would not have had the problem.

It was a little cool on some dives, but I never wore anything underneath it. A single layer would have helped on some dives. A polypro t-shirt or something - not sure if that's a good material if wet though.

melfox26:

Mel

Most are comfortable in DUI 300s in Monterey. Their undergarments are so stretchy I thought just about everyone could fit a stock size. DUI talked me out of a custom fit and they were right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom