Drying attached drysuit boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I bought a 10' length of PVC and cut it in half. When you add in the length of the boot dryer's standard tubes, and a few inches for a PVC coupler to attach the extensions, the drysuit feet end up over 6 ft up in the air.

I attached a strip of 50mm webbing to a roof beam in my garage and formed two boot sized loops. I hang the suit by the boots from the loops, with the zip open. The weight of the suit will keep the legs open allowing fresh air to circulate, drying the suit inside and out.

Simple idea if you have the space to do it, only works if you have the neoprene style boots, soft boots on the suit tend to close up under the weight.

Darren27:
I attached a strip of 50mm webbing to a roof beam in my agrage and formed two boot sized loops. I hang the suit by the boots from the loops, with the zip open. The weight of the suit will keep the legs open allowing fresh air to circulate, drying the suit inside and out.

Simple idea if you have the space to do it, only works if you have the neoprene style boots, soft boots on the suit tend to close up under the weight.

True enough, but soft boots can be turnrd inside out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom