Drysuit sizing advice? (Hollis, Bare, Whites)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking of getting some Si-Tech Glove Lock dry gloves installed. Initially, I was going to do a Si-Tech neck seal system as well but Steve Gamble told me that it may overlap the zipper which would be a PITA if I ever needed to replace the zipper. He also said that sometimes the rim for the seal digs into the shoulders of some people especially with a heavy rig. That has me re-thinking the neck seal system...

What size is the suit? Yes, on smaller sizes that can be an issue. Typically on Medium and above it's not a problem though. Your BCD or BPW shouldn't even be on the ring system to cause any issues, again, unless you have narrow shoulders or a suit smaller than Medium. Anything larger, and typically there is no issue at all. With the New Flexible Quick neck, almost all issues have been alleviated due to how flexible it is.

Years ago when i got my TLS350 i found out the hard way to let a professonal measure you. For me that was going to a DUI demo. they know how tight to take the readings. I did not i had the shop take them and the legs are tight. not ciculation stopping tight but enough to feel a good squeeze when not in the water with a 300 g polar stretch on. My 100 g feel much better. Fortunately it is a shell suit so the other measurements have a lot more forgivness when it comes to fit errors. For me the rack sizes would not do it . Custom sizing was for me. When done over all i got a wonderful fit. There is no air going to my legs in this suit

The DUI CF200x is a size small Mike. My measurements make it very difficult to find off the rack stuff so I was pretty fortunate to find this suit from a guy with almost the exact same measurements as I am. The only difference was the waist. He is a size 30 and I am now a 32. When the suit was new in 2003 I could probably fit in the suit perfectly as well, but my 13 year older body has, uh, developed since then. The arms, height, length, socks, and rock boots are all just about perfect. I just tried on the suit to show a video to Mark at Superior Diving Repair. I was wearing some heavyweight polarfleece separates (crewneck top and long bottoms) as well as some thick wool socks and a stretch fleece jacket with a more form fitting cut. Hopefully that will be warm enough for the low 50s that I might encounter here in SoCal on some deeper dives and probably will be more than fine for the 60-70 degree temps that I normally face. I don't think I could squeeze a Thinsulate or Primaloft insulated jumpsuit in there though. You think that I need the alterations to open up the midsection? I'll already be adding the Si-Tech QCP dry glove system, possibly a new zipper if it needs it and possibly the Si-Tech quick neck system. The suit and rock boots cost me less than what I'll be spending on adding the dry glove system to it so I have a little bit of money I can spend to bring it up to snuff.

Here's a link to the video of me trying on the drysuit. Password is: AndyDUI

My tls350 i think had a lot more room in it. But then it is a shell suit so i don't know what yours is supposed to fit like. Do you expect to put on more gut in the next few years? Your whole suit is like my legs. You may want to go to DUI in San Diego and have them take a look and give you an estimate. Have them size you for that model of suit and pull the records of this suit and see how they match. You may also be able to email them for measurements used when making it. I dont know much about the 200, and being ignorant of it i was surprised it stretched so much. You may need to try it on with the needed undies and see how binding it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom