Drysuit won't be available... what to wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billster

Reaction score
Background:
I have a DUI TLS350 custom fit on order. Originally estimated to take 4-6 weeks for delivery, the latest update is more like 9 weeks.

As a result, it won't be available in time for training before and use in a December dive trip to Catalina (California Pacific) .

So I have two options:
1. Rent a wetsuit from the LDS as I have been doing, and take the pee smell, holes and occasional broken zippers that go with it.

2. Buy a wetsuit, probably a Henderson Hyperstretch 7/5 because fit isn't so critical with that brand & style.

My question:
In order to justify owning both drysuit and wetsuit, I'd need some confirmation that there are frequent enough occasions in the California Pacific where a drysuit is "too much", or the wetsuit is "more convenient".

Can you provide some justifications?

TIA

How long is your trip over here going to be?

You could rent a drysuit if you're certified. As to renting a wet suit, the good LDS will clean them in between customers...

Re: your other question, I wear my DS year round. I do not own a wetsuit.

Have you called DUI to tell them that you have a trip in Dec?

My custom TLS350 took less than five weeks from order placement to arrival at the LDS. My LDS is a preferred LDS in their system, but I'm not sure if that helped.

I'd rent the wetsuit if the drysuit doesn't arrive, but also only if the rental is inexpensive. I have an LDS nearby that rents by the week for the same price others rent for a day...

The Henderson Hyperstretch (with hooded vest) that I owned (and really liked...) prior to buying the TLS is now being used by my son. He seems to like it...(Fortunately, it fits...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom