Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HD - given your location and needs, i would recommend talking to richard at divetank.com. They are in BC, work directly with the Bare plant, so modifications tend to be done easily and quickly, and they sell LOTS of suits, so the prices are great. They also carry DUI and some other stuff as well. I highly recommend them from a customer service standpoint. I have purchased 4 wetsuits, and a Bare HD tech drysuit and have had to deal with fit issues and warrantee issues and they have come through every time.

As far as which suit you should get, that is sort of personal preference and need. I purchased a Bare HD tech drysuit which is a trilam suit along the lines of a dui clx450, but you may prefer a crushed neoprene suit. There are countless threads on this topic throughout this site, so poke around to get your bearings. Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

_bert

Hi there
I'm also going to buy drysuit. Was looking for bare D6 Pro Dry & CD4 Pro dry. Frend who is also instructor told me that is better CD4 then D6. Because CD4 is 4mm compressed-density Metalite neoprene and D6 id not compressed neoprene...
Please can anyone help me with this decision

I was looking at the CD4 two. I just emailed richard at dive tank to see what he would sell it to me for, I have to wait a month and some bit. But its on the list for it :)
Chris

I'm also looking for a new drysuit, codora trilam (I mostly dive the great lakes these days, wrekc sites, shore dives, and half the time climbing down cliff to get to the site). I'm drooling over DUI's CDX450, but wow, out of the budget. I'm considering driving down to Milwaukee to try on a Pinncle Evolution 2 FE (I'd be ordering it with neoprene sock/rock boot option. My feet always end up bruised in turbo sock type suits). I don't know anyone who's tried one, so I'm looking for some opinions before I commit.

I've had the Evo2 in my hands, and been in the water with a diver who had one. D**N nice suit, and was my runner up choice for a drysuit. That suit comes stock with normal drysuit boots.

The Pinnacle website seems to indicate that they'll switch out to sock for free, so I'm going to be taking advantage of that. I do to much climbing around on shore not to have my ankles supported. I'm glad you had a good exprience with it because it's the only suit I've looked at that I both liked and was in the budget.

Look at the USIA suits before you make up your mind. They make some really nice suits, and I ended up going that way instead for a couple of specific reasons. Those reasons may not translate for you, but the suits are worth a look.

Did you go with the USIA Techniflex? If so, what were your selling points? I'm looking at it right now, and it seems pretty nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom