DS4 or Atx 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReeseTD

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if one or the other is better for dual tanks for hose routing. I do like my ATX 200 that i have right now but lost out on getting another 200 for the great deal that i was able to get then. But i can get the DS4 with the Atx 50 for a good price. I could just pass the 200 over to the wife. So i just wanted to know if the DS4 is just as good on the hose route and the 200 or better?

Thanks, Timothy

Well, the DS4 does have nicer hose routing that the 200 for doubles. But, just barely. I have two 200's that I use for doubles, and I have DS4's that I use for deco bottles. I dont notice two much difference. However, if it comes down to price, go with the DS4...

LUBOLD8431:
Well, the DS4 does have nicer hose routing that the 200 for doubles. But, just barely. I have two 200's that I use for doubles, and I have DS4's that I use for deco bottles. I dont notice two much difference. However, if it comes down to price, go with the DS4...

I was thinking that thy would be about the same. I was planning on getting just one more 200 for doulbes and a DS4 Atx 50 for the wife. I think im starting to lean more to the DS4's for me and let the wife take the 200. Thanks for the info Lubold. Now I just need the gov to give back my cash, take the adv. nitrox, and i can spend more time at depth.

Sounds like a good plan to me!!! Good Luck...

On this same subject, is there much difference in the ATX200 vs the ATX50 in the second stage? The specs seem the same. I'm about to order two new regs for doubles as well.

No, they are very similar. The only difference is the heat exchanger, and the satin chrome on the 200, compared to the polished chrome on the 50.

Thanks Lubold,

I've been holding off on buying a new set of regs. My current regs are being moved to my stages, and my current stage regs are going to the spare bag. I think a set of ATX50's will fit the bill quite nicely! :)

Is the DS4 as good at depth as the ATX200's 1st stage. According to Apeks there is a diff on the 1st. Marketing?

Well, look at it this way: They market the 200 as the top of the line (let's leave the Black Pearl trophy reg out of it). Its a great reg, dont get me wrong, but the DS4 is like the foster child that doesnt get as much attention as the blood child. The DS4 is a great reg, and is one of the most popular regs for technical divers. I think the ATX-50/ DS4 combo is a great reg...

Sold! I was having a hard time going to the 200. I'll save some bucks at keep with the 50's.

Man, I really need to talk to Apeks about hooking me up with a commission...

Back
Top Bottom