DSLR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marriard:
S3 is now fully reviewed at Dpreview.com.

It looks impressive in terms of image quality (though I will need to see a lot more reviews.)

It is shipping Dec 1st - several places are taking pre-orders. It is $2499.95 which is at least $500 more than it probably should be. All images appear to show that the camera is significantly bigger than the S2 (it includes a bottom grip) and everyone I have talked to has said that it feels more sturdy and larger. Which is bad news as it means it will need a new housing. Menu and directional buttons have moved as well. LCD is supposed to also be much improved as well.

I'll wait to see if the price drops after christmas. I will likely be willing to spend $2k on the camera if the dynamic color range is as good as the first few images have shown

M

I will wait until someone takes one down and points it at the sun! that will be the real underwater test! if it passes, time to sell more film gear!

I have a brand new, 1 day old, D-70 sitting on my desk. This is my reluctant but now committed jump into the D-SLR world. Though I have been using digital above and UW for some time, a Nikon CP-995 in an Aquatica housing, going "total" digital was not something I was willing to do. I still have no plans to get rid of my Nikon F-100 and Aquatica housing any time soon. I also plan on keeping my Nikon F-5 for land work (I love this camera). Though I have known for a long time that I would go to a D-SLR, I have been playing it a little cautious. I came real close to getting the D-100 when Aquatica announced their housing for it. I rationalized that my F-100 was still the way to go and bought a new Harley instead. Every time I would think that maybe I should have gotten the D-100, I would think to myself, “Dinette set or Harley-Davidson?” “A new camera when my old one is just fine, or new Harley?” This kept me happy for the last year. Well I just got back from a trip to Palau. During the trip I kept thinking to myself, man a new D-SLR would really have been nice during this trip. Yesterday I walk into the Navy BX to look for a portable hard drive and what is starring me in the face? A brand new D-70. It was cheaper than I could get it from B&H, no shipping , no handling, no waiting. As I said before, it is now sitting on my desk. It’ll be a few months before I order a housing for it, but it will happen. I just have to stay away from the Harley shop. :crafty:
Rooster

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom