DSS LCD wings with STA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhlee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is it possible to use a DSS LCD with a single tank adapter (STA)? Yes, yes, I know the wings have an elastomeric cradle thingy that tank sits up against so in theory you don't need an STA, but I'm wondering if it /can/ be used with an STA?

Has anybody here done it? My worry is that the rubber tank cradle thing will get in the way. That, and I'm wondering if the answer will involve removing the rubber plugs that fit into the plate.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

I think with a 2-piece STA you'd be OK, but a one-piece is going to squash against the cradle if you don't remove it.

rhlee:
Is it possible to use a DSS LCD with a single tank adapter (STA)? Yes, yes, I know the wings have an elastomeric cradle thingy that tank sits up against so in theory you don't need an STA, but I'm wondering if it /can/ be used with an STA?

Has anybody here done it? My worry is that the rubber tank cradle thing will get in the way. That, and I'm wondering if the answer will involve removing the rubber plugs that fit into the plate.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

In most cases you can simply bolt on a STA. The wobble stopper is compressible and will just get squished a bit between the STA and the Back Plate.

BTW, you don't need a STA with a DSS wing and plate :wink:

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
In most cases you can simply bolt on a STA. The wobble stopper is compressible and will just get squished a bit between the STA and the Back Plate.

BTW, you don't need a STA with a DSS wing and plate :wink:

Tobin

So that's the technical term for that thing. TWS. :eyebrow:

Good to know.

---
Ken

Thanks Tobin. Would the rubber plug things need to be removed then for the STA to bolt into the plate?

thanks.

rhlee:
Thanks Tobin. Would the rubber plug things need to be removed then for the STA to bolt into the plate?

thanks.

Yes, but you just pull those out with your fingers.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom