Dual Bladders & DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liquid,

If you're going to rely on your buddy's BC to get you both up, make sure you don't let go, eh! I would do my share by kicking a bit to alleviate the load on his BC. You shouldn't have to go up too far before the air in either you BC and/or your suit expands enough for you to take control. You would also have to know if you can orally inflate the BC to eliminate all of this -- would depend on the BC problem.

I asked him specifically about overhead environmets and a wet suit there, and he confirmed the using of AL tanks with a wet suit regardless. I've never heard him say otherise. I'm not sure what GUE's policy on the subject is, but I suspect it's the same.

Mike

LY,

I will check on the information I used earlier, again.

As for the BC enough for two divers:

I ment it for the worst case, in which your BC is total loss. When diving with very heavy configurations, aspecialy as your tanks are heavy, you will still be somewhat heavy in the deco stops. Having no BC is no reason to blow mandatory safety stops, if you have the possibility to make them, by hanging on your buddy. I think it's an important procedure to practice. Both buddys use their right hand to hold each other on the shoulder straps, while placing the left hand, which holds the Decometer/Timer and the diveplan slate on the buddy's right shoulder so all the info is visiable. in these spots, usualy you will use the bag and line as well, so it will be easier. That's also the reason you do not want to dump weights unless you really have to, becouse you may blow the deco stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom