Dual rebreather fatality - Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree -- the only things we know are: 1. two Russians were diving and died. 2. They were outside a cave which purportedly was the purpose of their dive, but may or may not have been the ultimate dive. 3. They were using rebreathers for their scuba equipment which may or may not have been a factor. What is speculated is a. It might of been ox-tox -- of course this has the same underwater symptoms as heart attack so it might not have been. b. The second diver made it to the boat so he either had a big deco obligations (suggesting they were in the cave for awhile, or he suffered an embolism trying to get his buddy to the surface. and c. people are making up stories to explain this.

Which is to say, we don't know squat as yet.

It sounds like they are closing the cave temporarily. I hope they can work things out and reopen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if I dived that cave, but I did my cave course in Thailand in Kao Sok NP, so same region. In that parc are different caves. Nice environment there. Sad news.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Some posts and others referring to them have been removed for being off topic. Please keep discussion based on this specific event without insults based on Nationality.

Back
Top Bottom