DUI Demo Sucker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can get the right size for yourself and are comfortable with the fact that you will not have a LDS to deal with any issues or problems that might arise, then this is a pretty good deal. Leisure Pro and some of the other on line dealers can match or even do better in terms of dollars spent. As far as the shoulder entry suit, downside is you will probably need help to zip/unzip the suit, plus side of the equation is that shoulder entry suits have less material to trap air. Unless you plan to dive solo or don't trust your buddies to fully zip you in (always check it), shoulder entry is a better value.:eek:ut:

La - last-t-t ni-night... do-dove the lo-lo-local la-lake in a we-wet suit....... for-forty t-two degrees....a-a-a-at eightyfi-five fe-fe-feet.... ha-hasen't-t-t e-e-effect-t-ted m-m-...... me!:errrr:

I did that once when I was waiting for my Andy's DS-1 to come in. It was November and the local lake was about 42 degrees. I was shivering over the two hour drive to work. I feel for you. :)

and decided on a BARE Nex-Gen. I just couldn't get past the DUI mark-up (they play the price control game, and it shows in their pricing overall) and the lack of value for the money - I could buy THREE Nex-Gens for the price of ONE TLS-350!

I like the Nex-Gen.

Its a shoulder-entry, and I can get in and out of it myself with some thought and care. Its not fancy, but it is damn tough - I use it for spearfishing and haven't managed to hole it over the winter.

I'd make the same choice if I was buying it today.

I've scoured the net looking at size charts and I've done some cost benefit analysis and decided on the White's Nexus. I have some non-standard measurements that prevent me from getting a Bare which is somewhat unfortunate because I've heard good thing about it.

I can get a few options with this suit that will make it fit better and I'm looking forward to getting a chance to dive it. Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available to me!

Rachel

is also a decent suit from what I've seen.

I've never tried the actual Nexus, but a local dealer had the regular White's bilam suits, and I tried on a couple. They seemed nice enough, but I didn't get one wet.

The only problem I had was the numbers - they just simply wanted way too much money for them....

I am another non standard size person in some regards. That is why it took so long for my suit to come in. I had to have large boots, large wrist and neck seals, but a meduim suit. The rentals at the shop were strangling me at the neck seal.

One comment on the White's: We have had instructors get away from that brand as when the seals went, they could not be repaired in the shop. Their DrySuits were gone for two months or better to replace seals. Just something to think about!

Whites includes a seal kit with the suit - at least they did with the suits I was looking at.

There's nothing magical about latex seals, or their replacement.... now if your LDS is moronic, I guess I'd understand.

You may have a point, but it isn't that they are moronic. The fact of the matter is that they don't carry White's suits anymore. The instructors using them were using older suits where the seals were sized a little differently. Besides we have an excellent person running technical services, but he is a bit a of perfectionist and if it isn't the part DESIGNED to go where he is putting it, he won't do it. They may have been trying to push the instructors out of the Whites in favor of what they currently sell. (Although that same technical services guy was my OW instructor and he uses a Whites that he bought years ago. :) He is a senior partner in the dive shop.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom