DUI dry suit repair/customer service opinions needed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadobadoo:
I just spoke with DUI and was told that "this latest version of the low profile valve really does seem to work." That is a direct quote. I will be getting this version and hope that it works. Also, DUI says the repair requires professional skill and leak testing so I couldn't have fixed it myself. As for the known problem issue I was told that, "The problem wasn't known at the time because we thought that the latest version would work." Again, a direct quote. Keep in mind that I called and asked if the problem had been fixed before buying these suits and was told that it was fixed. I hope it finally has been or I will have to pay for shipping again. The rep was always nice and friendly as usual but at no time was I given an apology for the design flaw and having to pay for the shipping and for diving wet in $3000 worth of DRY suits. My guess is that they are tired of dealing with this problem. So am I.

Once again, let me add that in no way do I want to bash DUI. I simply write these things because when I do a search for topics or products on this board I want to read both the good and the bad. That's what makes this board such a great tool. Everytime we write something about anything, it ibecomes public record.
Thanks for the info.
I am in the market for a new dry suit and DUI was one of the companies that I was looking into very seriously. I will assume that their suits are great but if the aftersale service sucks, I'd rather consider other companies.

Back
Top Bottom