Dumaguete Trip report feb 24-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I designed one, and gave the sketch to a machinest, so free.
They are around $15-20.

dlndavid:
I designed one, and gave the sketch to a machinest, so free.
well, I don't think anyone can match that price here unless you find one yourself on a dive! So yeah, get it there.... :)

most seasoned DM couldn't have done anything other than what lem did except cancel the dive.

Remember this is always an option.... better to postpone or even cancel than accept excessive risk.

This sounds like a double black diamond site...

Just had our toolroom make me a reef hook, it turned out nice, titanium hook with aircraft grade SST cable, very sexy. :D

Thanks guys! Next time I'll see to it that I'll dive with you guys. Apo Island is opposite on tide charts, when it is full moon and strong currents around dumaguete and dauin there are slow or no currents there. I'll tell rasta Lem he did a good job.But should warn people of high octane currents that can lead to great excitement.
chip and spoon u guys are cool!

Next time you come I'll bring you to Liloan point Santander Cebu the washing machine! and wall of death.Sorry I don't have an article for this.

chip104:
Hey snoopy, Lem told a load of info about coconut point. I'm with spoon, the most seasoned DM couldn't have done anything other than what lem did except cancel the dive. I think the only other thing that could have been done was to know the tide schedules - but even then tides played a miniscule role in the overall strength of that current (too strong even if tides were slack!).I enjoyed diving with Lem, and I commend him for how he handled a lost diver situation. Could you imagine that he swam AGAINST the current to get back to Spoon?!?!?!? Now that's determination!

Other than dive 3, he pointed out some really cool things in dive 1,2 and 4. Hell, I'd dive with rasta lem again. Coconut point is a must!

If you guys ever go down to Duma, Scuba Ventures is a great shop to patronize, guys. Too bad we couldn't dive with snoopy himself!

edit: btw, during dive 3, lem was very aware of us at all times. I literally looked away for only two seconds and was separated. I feel responsible on my part as well.

dlndavid:
That is some good reading on the ripping currents, you guys got me a little scared.
I have a SMB, should I get a reef hook?

SMB = San Miguel Beer, you definitley need a reef hook, but after using an SMB, i doubt you'd use your reef hook properly !!!

:D

Back
Top Bottom