Dump Valve on DUI suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Overexposed2X, you are not alone. This dive season I purchased a DUI 350 with an apex low profile valve. I dove my first two dives completely dry. By the end of my next four dives I came to the surface with an undergarment with a soaked left arm. My suit went back to the LDS for a valve lookover. I'll be trying it out again Saturday. We shall see.

just received my 450 and my wifes 50/50. no valve leaks and no flow restrictions on the first dive with them, valves full open. how do you tell if the valve is a "low profile valve"?

You can tell the difference by how wide they are. The "older" high profile valve is approx. 1.75" in diameter while the "newer" low profile valve is approx. 2.5" in diameter. I measured the high profile but the low profile is down in the garage.

On the dives I did this last weekend I was very in tuned to the performance of the dump valve. When I had a Dry Suit that had an SI Tech Dump Valve the flow was much "better" than the Apeks on the DUI. The DUI worked but it was definately not as effortless an the SI Tech. I'm switching mine and my wifes out next week.

Back
Top Bottom