E-PL5 in Olympus E-PL3 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was diving with the camera on manual mode. I was able to change exposure, F/stop, ISO & white balance. I was also able to change modes & go to the review screen (but not magnify the image as noted).

Here you go Nir. I dunno if I like the camera being white, but it was the only colour in stock.

View attachment 141027View attachment 141028View attachment 141029

Thanks. My impression (and I am not an expert, so take that with a big grain of salt) is that by modifying the plastic "finger" in the middle of the second image you can get there. I would start with something simple like putting soft plastic on it and closing the housing and seeing where exactly the impression of the key. You might need to add small bump to one side and get the job done. The key in the EPL3 is extending from the surface, and it seems thats the case in EPL5 as well, so the original fingertip can stay intact and will not interfere.

Alternatively, you can check if Oly sells replacement parts for the new housing and just get this one :)

This is awesome. I have the E-PL3 and PT-EP05L and I've been considering upgrading to the E-M5, but wasn't looking forward to an extra $1000+ for another underwater case with lens ports. Now there's a great upgrade path to the E-PL5 and I think not having access to a couple buttons is worth the money saved. Just look at it as if you have the E-PM1 and it's lack of several buttons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom