Ear Hurting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nobody can diagnose you over the internet. Your symptoms and time course don't add up to a clear diagnosis to me, so somebody is actually going to have to take a detailed history and examine your ears.

Go to an ENT that is familiar with diving. A regular doc will look in your ear. Mine looks normal. Had some sensation in my right ear after a couple of 100 ft dives. Not out of the ordinary but did take a stop and go up to clear on the way down on dive 1. (I usually can just drop and clear as I go) I was also over but coming out of a sinus infection.

Went to an ENT. Ear looked fine. But that did not rule out inner ear bleeding etc. ENT was able to run a series of hearing tests and determine that I definitely did not have any internal ear bleeding. He also determined a mild hearing loss in the ear. Within normal but lower. Due to mild trauma. He says it will probably return to normal and I was cleared to dive in a month. He advised I be extra conscientious about clearing etc. have dove several times since but shallower.

Back
Top Bottom