Ear problems on liveaboards.....need advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get a thing that I call "crunchy" ear after doing alot of diving, especially when I have a "hard clear/equalize" because I have been chasing a photo op instead and forgotten to clear. When it 1st happened, I called DAN who recommended Advil and Psuedofed which helps reduce inflammation and any mucous. Always helps me although you have to be careful about Pseudofed if you have high blood pressure.

That being said, I echo the call to DAN, visit to the ENT before the trip. And make sure that you watch your ascents and descents - hopefully your computer has a gauge which will let you know if you are doing either too rapidly.

On a mildly related note - have a GREAT trip and dive safely!

My ears squeak for a week after my liveaboard dive trips. No pain just squeaking, I personally never considered it a big deal, just a reminder of a wonderful time. I am NOT a doctor i just look at it as any muscle you over use, takes a while to get back into shape. But that's just me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom