ear troubles!!! need good advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did see ENT. He had no concerns. Said my issues were sinus related, put me on Nosonex and anti-biotic. See him again Monday.

I however do not have pain or hearing loss just the feeling and sound of water in my ear periodically.

Hope things work out well for you and you get back in water soon.

Createsounds, did you have DAN dive insurance when you did the dives? It sounds like an ear injury that they would cover.

hey don,
no insurance, for DAN or any health insurance.

funny story is im unemployed and still was denied gov. health insurance because my last job was working for myself.
only got to go diving and get my C-card as graduation gift....

thanks for the help FRIENDS

Had the same problem and the ent pulled the nasonex bolshie on me.when in doubt blame inflamed sinus cavities....anyway I never took it and our more our less cleared up.you probably were equalizing past the point necessary and ended up viewing you're drum out a bit.

I wish I had read this thread, and Lynne's links, before I went to the Cayman Islands in October. I was good for 5 days and 22 dives but woke up the sixth morning with so much pain in my right ear that I could not chew. My ear canal had swollen so much that I could not get the water to drain out of the ear. I sleep on my left side so my left ear didn't have any problems but the right ear never got a chance to drain. I'm going to make sure I have Otic Domeboro Solution or something else before I do anymore repetitive dives.

I'm going to make sure I have Otic Domeboro Solution or something else before I do anymore repetitive dives.

Hi Pedro,

You won't get Otic Domeboro as the Bayer Corp, the original manufacturer, ceased production of teh product in Dec '00. However, shortly thereafter Bausch & Lomb Pharmaceuticals, among others, came out with a generic replacement (e.g., NCD 24208-615-77). If you're interested, ask your doctor.

Regards,

DocVikingo

...all i can say, for me is, its 2 months later and i still have incredible pain in my ear, a ringing that has only gotten worse, and officially diagnosed with "i dont know" for the ENT.

...all i can say, for me is, its 2 months later and i still have incredible pain in my ear, a ringing that has only gotten worse, and officially diagnosed with "i dont know" for the ENT.
Wow, that sucks. Even tho you are not a member of DAN, you are still welcome to consult with them. You withheld your location on your profile, but you can call your local DAN, or email DAN North America.

Hi Pedro,

You won't get Otic Domeboro as the Bayer Corp, the original manufacturer, ceased production of teh product in Dec '00. However, shortly thereafter Bausch & Lomb Pharmaceuticals, among others, came out with a generic replacement (e.g., NCD 24208-615-77). If you're interested, ask your doctor.

Regards,

DocVikingo

DocVikingo,

Thank you so much. I called my pharmacy and they had the Bausch & Lomb Acetic Acid 2% in Aqueous Aluminum Acetate Otic (NDC 24208-615-77) in stock. It requires a prescription so I went to my doctor today, gave her the information you provided and now I've got drops for my ears.

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom