Earthquake? 9:20 AM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've a similar experience to Tim's -- was in the water with Howard4113, and we were puzzling at the noise.

It seriously sounded (to me) like the same noise, say, a whale would make when it breached, but continuous. You know, like when you take your arm and slam it into the water surface and it makes the "ka THUMP" noise?

Thought maybe quake, but didn't hear anything about it until the mid-afternoon at Starbucks. :)

Wow!
WHat an experience to hear that earthquake under water!
We were about 5 minutes into a dive at Eel cove in Kona, with BIG ISLAND DIVERS,
which by the way is an awesome group of people. Sounded like a low rumble and then a big loud one that just vibrated the body! 2 great dives that day with second one being at golden arches....I'll post about back wall of Molokini later when I have more time......trying to see if someone wants to dive this morning/afternoon.....Jimbo

Wait I WANNA DIVE! Why didnt you say something about it on the phone???

....oh and we want pictures :)

Did you do the manta and blackwater too?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom