East Side Diving - Bonaire (plus a north side question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And I was so looking forward to that trip. Riding to those sites through the park is a real pain and an all day event!

If you really want to do the 3 tank safari with buddy's you may want to contact them again and see if you can push them to let you sign up now and/or get them to commit. On the Capt Don's trip, they run it only one day a week. We happen to just see it the Sat morning we arrived when we went to the morning orientation. We signed up that morning for a Wed trip. The trip was booked full shortly after we signed up that Sat morning. We would have been out of luck if we arrived later that day.

I'll do that. Thanks.

Since the OP has 14 in his group - assuming most of them are interested I'm sure there's several operators that might be willing to charter a private trip for them.

Besides the two mentioned above maybe check with Toucan Diving, Divi Flamingo or Dive Friends, All have 5-6 boats afaik. Anyone know any others?

I have not used them but Wannadive goes to the ES..at least they did last year?

you should try BAS Diving Bas Tol is the only specialized eastcoast shoredive opp. on Bonaire with over 25 sites too chose from, depending on the weather!! longer dives and no big groups!!

FWIW: We were at Capt Don's in November, trip report here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/abc-islands/441159-trip-report-bonaire-11-8-17-2012-a.html

We walked over to Buddy's to inquire about the Slagbaii trip we had done in 2010. The dive shop said their big boat was out of the water for repairs, and they wouldn't be doing that trip until it was back, "next year". Which of course could be now, but I wouldn't bet on it. Still, an inquiry wouldn't hurt, I did get the impression that they intended to resume doing it when their boat was back online.

As a previous poster mentioned, Capt Don's now runs trips to the park, see Tours | Habitat Bonaire point (6) near the bottom.
Just our luck, though: Only Roger, the shop manager, runs those trips, and he was headed off to DEMA in Las Vegas the day after our orientation day. So, no park trip for us.
But the link says 8-16 divers, so this might suit you fine. I'd contact them in advance; Roger's a busy guy.

Thanks Everyone! We have hooked up with East Coast Diving (Fred) and so far, he has been EPIC to communicate with. We will definitely post a trip report. 8 days from now...diving the East Side for the first time! WOOT!

We will check with Capt'n Dons when we get there to ask about the park trips, if not, we will just do shore diving up there :)
Shell

While you're there check out the cave tour and Fluro night dive from FLOW at BonPhoto in addition to doing the East Coast diving. We did all three on our group (30+ people) trip last week. All three were spectacular and would for sure do again. The east coast dives were the two best dives I've done on Bonaire, no question.

We did the fluo dive as well; and there's a description in the trip report I referenced a couple of posts up. As I said there: Recommended to try at least once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom